Author Topic: RGB color chart  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Penfold

• Brownsville, TX
RGB color chart
« on: July 24, 2012, »
I stumbled on to this today.  I wonder how accurate these lights would match the color on the ink.  I will fool around with it tonight and see what it yields

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
♪Chicken go cluck, cluck
Cow go moo
Piggy go *snort* *snort*
how bout you?  ♪

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
Re: RGB color chart
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, »
if I remember right there is a RGB color picker software in the wiki

Move the sliders to what you want for actual color using your RGB nodes, and then note the color code...

Myk

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, »
color-matching has been a problem.  just as colors appear different on your screen, on paper, and through projectors... the colors in the charts don't always look the way that you want with RGB leds.  Colors also differ between manufacturers, and light style.  you'll need to experiment, and the RGB color picker is a good tool to do this experimentation.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, »
That is a nice chart you found  :) But I am curious if it is a CYMK  chart?  I think the rgb spectrum is 256 color which is used for sstrings ect. I could not find any info on the chart.

Offline cavu2u

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, »
It is an RGB chart - the RGB values are listed in the second column. RGB can be one of 16.7 million colors (256^3).

The color picker referred to earlier is in the wiki at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

S Gase said it best - colors vary from device to device - just test it out and see if that's what you are shootin' for.

Offline Corey872

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, »
From what I've seen, the strings won't be anywhere close to that chart.  I see a snow white with RGB values of 255, 208, 107.  This means both green and blue are overpowered in the node, so they throw the color blends off considerably.  The best thing is just to use the color chooser software and write down the various RGB combos of colors you like.  You can pretty easily get 10-12 main / bold colors, then you start getting all the pastel / 'inbetween' colors.

Offline Penfold

• Brownsville, TX
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, »
Is there a 4.0 net that installs without the need of hooking up to the internet (save the file to a flash drive and install it on my display computer)?
♪Chicken go cluck, cluck
Cow go moo
Piggy go *snort* *snort*
how bout you?  ♪

Offline injury

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, »
Here you go

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, »
It's been my experience that colors also differ between RGB device type (flex strip, nodes, square nodes, etc.)

That said, when integrating multiple RGB device types in your display, the RGB "standard" will get you approximate color matches between devices.

The only way to make it the "same" would be to measure the wavelengths of the red, green and blue of each device and re-write the SSC software accordingly.  Since that would take expensive equipment and time, approximate color matches is good enough for me!

Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login