Author Topic: SSC v3 mod not working  (Read 2375 times)

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: SSC v3 mod not working
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, »
tabrynn,
I renamed the new corrected SS utility SSv3 and have a separate link for that one since I still at the time had v1 stuff too. Although now it is all v1 stuff since I modded them back to v1.

Thanks for the tip about erasing, I also found that when programming SSCs it is best to have a fresh flash of the firmware before programming it with the channel number. I have even had a couple that I programmed that didn't take the info correct, reflashed and reporgrammed and all is good.

For the wires I am using nodes and the consistently through the red is power, green is ground and blue is data.

The problem was even with test firmware half the strings didn't work.

CW, Yes I was using a hub inside and outside. Good call though because I didn't specifically mention that in my description.

Since I have converted them all back to v1 I will wait till after Christmas to mess with this again, one at a time next time to make sure everything works. Thanks to everyone for the help.

By the way I thought I had my Etherdongle flashed to v2 firmware, but I may not have because in my testing I got rid of what I thought were stuck pixels. The way I found out was I cut out the offending pixel and and there was another. I cut that one out and there was another. The third time I cut out I noticed a pattern, the stuck pixel was moving down the line by 2 because as I cut the previous 2 pixels out, it moved the boundary down the line by 2. I think the issue was really the boundary pixel issue because when I flashed the Etherdongle to v2 they weren't stuck on anymore.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, by bcstuff »
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

Re: SSC v3 mod not working
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, »
The old etherdongle firmware strikes again.   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."