Author Topic: A quick video...  (Read 1109 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
A quick video...
« on: December 29, 2012, »
Recently moved to New York.  Makes me wish I picked a different user name now!  Any hoo..
My new home has a 350' drive and I wasn't able to get power out for a show so I set up at my in-law's house.  A reporter was driving through then neighborhood and asked my mother-in-law if they could do a piece on the lights.
Thought I would give you all a glimpse of my show using their video!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Their video is better than anything I can put together! I should ask santa for a HD camera to record my shows.  Maybe if I ask nicely this year?

The arches with fans were the crowd favorite this year.

Offline bassmants

Re: A quick video...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, »
Too cool.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, »
nice work!

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

sjb

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, »
Do you have any daytime shots of your arches and or build instructions. As I would like to incorporate them (steal) into my show.

Thanks

Steve

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, »
Nice!  Glad that you got the recognition for all the hard work.  Actually was a pretty good piece for a news agency.

Congratulations.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, »
Love the arches, neat twist on the leaping with the "spokes" to ground.  Certainly adds another element to them, who many channels each running the arches?

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, »
I missed the questions about the arches until now.  I still haven't taken down the arches as it has been quite cold.  I'll snap some pictures and an explanation when I can. 
However the arches are simply created using the sleeve method and has 8 sections.  At the bottom of each side I placed a T.  I then connected the Ts with PVC pipe but in middle of it I spliced in a U made from 90 deg elbows.  The U was used a the center of my arches and I wrapped the fan lights around the arch at each sleeve segment and back to the center point.  It takes a while to wrap each light strap.
This method used 16 channels for each arch.  I dedicated an express to each one.
This year I'm going to try to figure out another way to creat the fans so there isn't so much time spent in wrapping the fan lights.

I also created very simple PVC mini trees that I'll take pics of and post as well.

Offline kevr

• Little Gem Lights
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, »
The link on this doesn't show the video anymore.

Kev :-)
Grandad get the lights ready

sjb

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I missed the questions about the arches until now.  I still haven't taken down the arches as it has been quite cold.  I'll snap some pictures and an explanation when I can. 
However the arches are simply created using the sleeve method and has 8 sections.  At the bottom of each side I placed a T.  I then connected the Ts with PVC pipe but in middle of it I spliced in a U made from 90 deg elbows.  The U was used a the center of my arches and I wrapped the fan lights around the arch at each sleeve segment and back to the center point.  It takes a while to wrap each light strap.
This method used 16 channels for each arch.  I dedicated an express to each one.
This year I'm going to try to figure out another way to creat the fans so there isn't so much time spent in wrapping the fan lights.

I also created very simple PVC mini trees that I'll take pics of and post as well.

Thank you very much as I was thinking of maybe using some pie shape corroplast for each fan section and punch the lights through it. But with having some measurements this would make it a lot easier.

Steve