Author Topic: ssc v3, a bit at a loss...  (Read 3518 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: ssc v3, a bit at a loss...
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, »
yes,

I am just tied up with my one day a week packing and shipping for the store job at today.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, »
Thanks for reminding me, I need pigtails!   ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, »
Thanks to all the pioneers.  I knew there was a reason not to jump in and do this upgrade right away.  Not to mention that I have not seen the problem(s) that this is supposed to fix.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, »
Can one of you that have a usb dongle setup test this utility for me. It should fix the issue.

RJ

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, »
On it

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can one of you that have a usb dongle setup test this utility for me. It should fix the issue.

RJ

Looks like we have a winner!  I re-flashed the modded SSC with the V3 firmware.  Did quick test to make sure it was not functioning prior to configuring.  Loaded RJ's new (newer) SSC Utility application and programmed it, via the USB Dongle, with the default settings.  It flashed white like it's supposed to.  I did a quick test with Vixen's test panel and it is now behaving properly.  Each LED responds to the appropriate channel instead of a big group.  I didn't play with any of the other settings in the SSC Utility program, but I'm assuming if the default settings now work, it's likely the rest will too.

Thanks, RJ, for the fix.

-Mike

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, »
Works for me too.
Thank you RJ. Awesome, I was really starting to think I was not meant for that hobby...
I could not test to see if the etherDongle part of it was working as I don't have one yet, but it works perfect with the USB one.
Francois
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, by fyb2000 »

Offline lorajoslyn

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, »
Oh, I'm SOOO glad I saw this thread... I thought I was going crazy too!  Still using USB dongle until etherdongle is here. 

Thanks to all who figured this out!

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, »
Fully tested now (with USB Pixelnet). My V3 SSC is working perfectly. Using the square metal pixels. (with 4 LEDs, not 3). Very bright.

Offline lorajoslyn

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, »
FYI, this worked on V2 and V3 of the SSC.. (still haven't converted all my V2s yet).  Relieved I could actually check to see whether all my pixels were working!

Offline animal

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, »
Great find!!!

Wiki going to be updated?

Thanks,
                   animal

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, »
The "new file" link in the Wiki under the SSC V3 area has the updated SSC Utility application. Note that this is just the updated EXE that you swap into the already installed SSC Utility area.  Unfortunately the file is still labeled V1.0 so the "file modified" date is the only way to tell if you have the updated file.  I'd put a vote in for bumping version numbers on any applications when they are updated just to eliminate any confusion.

-Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, »
This will be removed and a full install will replace it shortly. this was the fast dirty here is a new version.

RJ