Fun > The Porch

Important information for all members to read

<< < (9/9)

RJ:
Already looked into it. The cost drove prices up a way too much!

RJ

jess_her:
With your permission RJ I have a friend in the pinball repair business.  He is A LOR guy but would love this site. He might be willing to buy for the COOP under his Licence but I'm not sure what the Washington state tax implications would be.
Jess

LondoB5:
I could run a co-op through one of my companies as well, but it would have to be 100% on the level. I would not be interested in doing anything that either would violate the law or cause me to be subjected to an audit because of suspicous bookkeeping. Also, all fees for the coop, including applicable state taxes, paypal fees, etc. would need to be covered. Also, for me to run a coop thru one of my companies, everything would need to be  shipped from one of my company locations (either NJ or Pa). Since the gov't would require proof of shipped goods.
I'm not sure that I would have any amount of time to be able to do this on the near term, though.
...there must be other members with their own businesses and business paypal accounts that could accomodate this kind of dollar value AND have the time necessary to do it.

JMHO

RJ:
First I want to be clear,

We will not be doing anything that is not legal nor have I in the past.  We are not going to have companies running coops or anything like that. This is DIY and too many of the diy operations have already slipped into the commerical sector as far as I am concerened.

There is noting illegal about coops I am not sure where this is coming up from. This threaded got polluted into talking about hiding money from the IRS. I just did not want to have to do all the extra work but that is the only way to do it so as stated coop managers will need to keep good records so they can show every expense of the coop to offset the income they get from the members. In effect prove they did not make money from the coop.

This is an old topic and I think it has served it purpose.
RJ

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version