Fun > The Porch

Important information for all members to read

<< < (2/9) > >>

rrowan:
Just another random half thought from yours truly.

This would also seem to hurt the bottom line of the suppliers we use for the co-ops. Like mouser and the pcb manufacture that RJ uses. Seem like they would want to help us with this problem. I am pretty sure either Bill and/or RJ could directly talk to the sales rep of each company for help.

Cheers

Rick R.

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginJust another random half thought from yours truly.

This would also seem to hurt the bottom line of the suppliers we use for the co-ops. Like mouser and the pcb manufacture that RJ uses. Seem like they would want to help us with this problem. I am pretty sure either Bill and/or RJ could directly talk to the sales rep of each company for help.

Cheers

Rick R.

--- End quote ---

What do you think they could do for us Rick I curious what the idea would be?

RJ

Kwajtony:
I have looked, albeit briefly, at the IRS website on the Taxation of Hobbies.  Perhaps, PAYPAL would be so kind as to add a category that declares this transaction is "HOBBY" related and we can register as "HOBBY" users.  The only "requirement" then would be to document how much we spent on pieces / parts in support of our hobby vs what paypal collected Viola.  This would clearly mark it as a hobby not intentioned for the "creation of profit" nor have "profitable" years more than two of five or something like that.  I will ask my CPA the next time I talk to her about this and her interpertation (did I really write "my CPA," it's not like that ---  the CPA handling my parents probate -- that's better).

The ability of us Little People to get together and combine purchases to take advantage of volume discounts should not cause us a tax problem (IMHO).

Tony "C"

WWNF911:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe ability of us Little People to get together and combine purchases to take advantage of volume discounts should not cause us a tax problem (IMHO).
--- End quote ---

I don't think you'll find anyone here that doesn't agree with that.  ;)

Leon

JJJR:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI have looked, albeit briefly, at the IRS website on the Taxation of Hobbies.  Perhaps, PAYPAL would be so kind as to add a category that declares this transaction is "HOBBY" related and we can register as "HOBBY" users. 

--- End quote ---

The only problem I could see and Paypal would not be opt to go this route is anyone could claim "hobby" to avoid reporting.
And sadly with the crooks out thier looking for ways to bypass tax paying and reporting I could see this being used by shady individuals as a method to get around tax reporting themselves. Which sucks as the good people that we are could be ruined by such individuals. Its for this reason I don't see Paypal granting such an option.   :(

Cash or checks might be the only option again unless anyone else has a different idea? ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version