Hardware > Bobcat DMX Tester

Battery connection to board

(1/5) > >>

deplanche:
Any suggestions for the size wire connecting the batteries to the board?  None of my "scrap" wire seems to be working well.  The lamp cord is too big to fit thru the holes of the PCB.  The thin stuff I have (no idea where it came from anymore), solders on well, but keeps breaking when I am trying to mount it or program the PIC. 

rm357:
I had a servo extension cable that I cut in half. That gave me a connector between the case and the board should I ever need to remove it. I just trimmed off the third wire in a way that made it impossible to hook up backwards and cause any damage.

Nothing here is high power, so anything in the 20 to 24 gauge range should be ok. If you have an old piece of cat5 that you could pull a couple of wires out of, that would work.

I'm concerned about what you are trying to use with the breaking comment... You should use copper wire. Solid is ok, but stranded is better. Don't try to make the wires too short - there is room in the case to loop any excess.  The extra wire will make assembly of the case easier.

I almost hate to say this, but the wire does need to be insulated. Bare wire will short out and cause all sorts of headaches.

RM

chrisatpsu:
try the cables you get with a prototyping breadboard, they come in a plastic box, and if you dabble in elextronics, it's good to have one

MrChristmas2000:
Wire from an old string of lights should work as well. Got an old PC to scrap out, there is lots of possible wire in it.

caretaker:
I tried using the larger wire I have in my hand but I am having a hard time bending into the case, do you think the smaller wire I am holding will work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version