Author Topic: When hobbies collide  (Read 987 times)

Offline FireMedic4Christ

When hobbies collide
« on: August 28, 2013, »
Mounted 30 square pixels in my bass drum earlier in the year and I have been pretty pleased with the results. Since the base color of the drum is so dark, I'm wondering if there is a brighter pixel and perhaps,one that is designed to direct the light at 90 degrees from the surface it is mounted on.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Looks good when it is pretty dark, just trying to,make it show a,little better with some ambient light around. Thanks for any recommendations you might have.

Brian

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: When hobbies collide
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, »
An AetherII should get the job done!    :)

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, »
I once heard Carlsbad Caverns uses Aether II's as their emergency backup lighting system. But seriously the square units are much brighter than the standard node pixels. I would be curious if someone has seen something brighter.

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, »
If you have room in your vehicle, can you bring the drum to the get together Saturday.  Collectively we may come up with some ideas for you.

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, »
I know I've seen that before, so I'll say it again, that's very cool! 

Does having something in the drum affect the sound?  What if you made a mini matrix out of 60/m flexstrip and mounted it closer to the head?  My other idea/suggestion would be to change the skins (I think that's what they're called) so that the print is black on white.  I'm sure that's a costly proposition though.

Look forward to seeing you Saturday.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, »
Perhaps some small mirrors mounted at 90* on a slightly flexible base.  Not only would it project the light from the nodes, but the vibration from striking the bass might create some interesting patterns on the outside drum head.

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline FireMedic4Christ

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, »
I keep it in storage there, so I dont have to haul it every week to practice. I'll set it up too.

Brian

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you have room in your vehicle, can you bring the drum to the get together Saturday.  Collectively we may come up with some ideas for you.