Author Topic: Where do you all buy your standard LED lights?  (Read 938 times)

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Where do you all buy your standard LED lights?
« on: December 26, 2013, »
Do you just get them at big box stores?  Or is there someplace cheap online that you get them?

I'm looking to bite the bullet and start replacing my incandescents.

Thanks.

Jason
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."

Offline scharbon

Re: Where do you all buy your standard LED lights?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, »
The big online LED stores have already started their 2014 bulk purchase deals (buy before end of Feb and get between 30% and 50% off - you might not see the ligths until June/July though).  The links to the announcemnts are on the other forum.

Would it be inappropriate to post the links to the other forum or directly to the vendor pages?  I myself was looking into this very thing and thought it would be nice to locate the information in one place for all to see, but I would like to keep this forum from looking like it is endorsing certain vendors.

Steve

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, »
You can pm him the information.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, »
I would appreciate that if you don't mind.  Not sure what "other forum" you might mean.  I think I do, but not sure, so a PM would be helpful.

Thanks.
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."

Offline DonFL

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, »
I ordered from these guys last year, can't say enough good things about them: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  ..they definitely get my business again this year.

There are other solid vendors out there beside HLE, but they are, by far, my first choice.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, »
Most of my new LEDs have come from Big Lots.  They seem to work good for me.   I'm replacing a lot of 4 yr old strings that have started having bulb failures and I do not have any more spare bulbs.  Most of my old stuff came from Home Depot, but I have not bought any new stuff from them for a long time.  I would recommend that whatever and whenever you buy get several spares of the same color and brand.  I bought a bunch of lights from Big Lots today.  And I bought several cases a week ago.  Probably to late for you to buy this season, there is very little left.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline scharbon

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, »
PM Sent

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, »
any where after Christmas they are always on sale
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rogelio

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, »
I use Jeff at Illumimax.  He is north of Dallas.  He usually will bring them to the Academy which saves on shipping.