Author Topic: XLights and E1.31...  (Read 2176 times)

Offline tng5737

XLights and E1.31...
« on: April 14, 2011, »
I just got one of j1sys ECG-DR4 which uses E1.31.  Are there any plans to to support these devices?

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: XLights and E1.31...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, »
While I have one Lynx dongle now (and four blank boards if I need them), I also would like to use the ECG-DR4 (or any E1.31, really).

All in due time, I suppose.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, »
I have read in other threads that the plan was the eventually support E1.31 and Pixelnet ... which would be wonderful.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dmoore

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, »
I just got one of j1sys ECG-DR4 which uses E1.31.  Are there any plans to to support these devices?

Has someone heard that Ed would be adding pixelnet to his ECG line of E131 controllers?  I checked his latest post about new products (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) and didn't see anything like that.  I did see that he was going to support the 1804 (smart string) pixel chip in his ECG-PIXAD8 but that doesn't really apply unless you want to get rid of your DIYLA hub and SS controllers.

So, it seems that the ECG itself would need to support pixelnet , which given that it already supports HyperDMX which is a "cousin" of PixelNet, that he could do that.  Of course, then I wonder - why?  If the Lynx dongle itself will support 4096 channels, wouldn't it just be cheaper to use a Lynx dongle(s) anyway?

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, »
I have read in other threads that the plan was the eventually support E1.31 and Pixelnet ... which would be wonderful.

That is correct. I have a DR4, which I will use to test the E1.31 code. Pixelnet will be added once the hub kits are delivered and the Pixelnet firmware for the dongle is released.

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, »
Good news! I have xLights working with my DR4. So Pixelnet and E1.31 support will both be in the next release. RSN (for those that used to read Jerry Pournelle's old columns).

Matt
Matt Brown

Offline tng5737

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, »
Wow - that's a name I haven't heard in a while - used to write for BYTE magazine if I recall! Also co-wrote Lucifer's Hammer - got so depressed reading that - I quit half way thru.   About a year later picked it back up and finished - it did end on a brighter note!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, »
Matt,

Is there any preferred way that someone in LOR should set up a controller for use with xlights?

Do you have any estimate on when the latest version of xlights (w/pixelnet and/or E1.31) might be out?

Thanks so much,
Scott
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]