Author Topic: iDMX and setting unit IDs on Lynx - help needed  (Read 1508 times)

Offline z327

• my personal Christmas lighting web site
Maybe I'm a little slow, but I've read thru the iDMX-1000 manual that came with my unit and I'm struggling with getting LOR's hardware utility to address multiple LEs.

What should I set the Unit IDs to using the programming buttons on the LE?

I have set up multiple LOR controllers daisy chained CAT5 to an iDMX to one LE and then daisy chained multiple LEs from the first LE with CAT5. The LE's have their unit IDs set as 001, 002, etc.... on the unit's LED display. The last LE has been terminated.

Using the LOR hardware utility I search the network and it finds each LOR controller and E0, E1, E2...EF

If I select E0 I can control the outputs on the first LE. But I have selected E1, E2....EF and can never get the subsequent LEs to talk to the LOR hardware utility.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
80 Channels LOR, 112 Channels Lynx Express
16 Channels MR16 with 5 Mighty Mini's
2 SmartString HUBs
LedTriks
5,000 LEDs lights, 50,000 incandescent lights, 3,600 RGBs
30 Strobes
15 Snow Lights

Offline ponddude

Re: iDMX and setting unit IDs on Lynx - help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, »
I think you are getting confused on the DMX numbering.  Remember, the LE are 16 channel controllers.  Therefore if you set your first LE to 1, than your second LE would have to be set to 17.  (1+16=17).  Your third LE would than be set to 33 (17+16=33) and so on....  At least until you reach 512 channels or 32 devices.

Now depending on how you have your iDMX address set is going to depend on how you address it.  If it is set to E0 like you said, than E0 is going to be LE controller 1, E1 is going to be LE controller 17 and so on.  It is very simple once you get the hang of it but does take some thinking..... ;)
Greg
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline z327

• my personal Christmas lighting web site
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, »
I think you are getting confused on the DMX numbering.  Remember, the LE are 16 channel controllers.  Therefore if you set your first LE to 1, than your second LE would have to be set to 17.  (1+16=17).  Your third LE would than be set to 33 (17+16=33) and so on....  At least until you reach 512 channels or 32 devices.

Now depending on how you have your iDMX address set is going to depend on how you address it.  If it is set to E0 like you said, than E0 is going to be LE controller 1, E1 is going to be LE controller 17 and so on.  It is very simple once you get the hang of it but does take some thinking..... ;)

Thanks that was all it took, now I can see about getting the Ren 24 and mighty mini's working.
80 Channels LOR, 112 Channels Lynx Express
16 Channels MR16 with 5 Mighty Mini's
2 SmartString HUBs
LedTriks
5,000 LEDs lights, 50,000 incandescent lights, 3,600 RGBs
30 Strobes
15 Snow Lights

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, »
I think you figured it out.  If not, and for others, here is a good document on DMX for our hobby from ZMAN.  It's a good read.

Offline magic8192

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, »
I think the link has changed

Offline zman

• Woodinville Wonderland
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, »
Sorry guys, I keep modifying the link as I make updates. It should be static now for at least 6 months. No more Mini's, no more tweaking, gotta get running on the display!

I have the CLAP - Christmas Light Addiction Problem - Do you?
LOR - Lynx - Sandevice - J1Sys - Madrix - Advatek
~ Christmas is not a time, it's a state of mind ~