Hardware > Lynx Splitter

Leave out transformer?

<< < (2/2)

dmaccole:
Sure, that would be a clean way to do it.

\dmc

Jeffl:
I ordered splitter PCB's and they came as V2, the older style and the BOM was V3 which has a new transformer.  Beings I had everything built before I installed the transformer I figured I had nothing to loose by trying to get the transformer to work.  I used the schematic off the Pixelnet splitter and noticed it used the same components as this version except for the transformer.

Now I wouldn't advise just anyone to do this because it's AC power you are working with but it does work (speaking from a non electrical engineer perspective).  Obviously a walwart might be better or safer, you tell me.  I just drilled 6 holes through the PCB for the new transformer and ran new traces on the back side.

RJ:
I pm you but I see you already got it to work. I have some old pcbs left and grab the wrong ones for you order. I am sorry about that.

RJ

Jeffl:
No problem.  It was an educational opportunity.

Mathewmaisp:
Oh, yes please. Then I dont have to figure out the dimensions for the PCB edge connector. Or the board dimensions - other than extending it a bit for the prototyping area.

Link?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version