Author Topic: clarification on LE and LOR  (Read 1181 times)

Offline gjbankos

clarification on LE and LOR
« on: October 24, 2009, »
I just want to get a clarification on something dealing with using a LE and a LOR in the same show.  If I run it from my lynx dongle to my LE to my LOR, I need to build this adapter, right?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I am totally unfamiliar with this equipment needed.  Can I get this stuff from Home Depot/Lowe's?  do I need to cut an end off of a cat5 cable and then buy that keystone jack and do what is mapped out to connect the two together?

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: clarification on LE and LOR
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

You don't have to have any special equipment.  A standard cat5 cable split in the middle and wires crossed correctly will work.  The picture just shows how to make a connection that can be easily added inside a previously built box, so you don't have to keep track of a built cable.  Just use any cable with this short extension inside the box.  Either works.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline gjbankos

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, »
Is the stuff needed to build that short extension found at home depot?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, »
all you need to do is cut the end off of a cat5 cable and install a new end with the wires changed to the wiring chart in the wiki. This cable will convert back and forth from LYNX to LOR and vice-a-versa. You can buy ends and crimping pliers at Home Depot.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gjbankos

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, »
Thanks again, RJ.