Software > Nutcracker: RGB Effects Builder

Nutcracker: What effects would you like to see?

<< < (2/20) > >>

jnealand:
My window frames are one continuous string and I have 4 of them across the house all identical in size.  I'm thinking I could create a "tree"  with 4 strings and use effects like meteors, snowfall, etc.  This config would not do much with spirals or butterfly type stuff though.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginHi Sean,

Can effects be created for RGB window frames?

I would assume the end user would need to enter the number of nodes for two sides (like top and one side). To allow for a square or rectangle window.

Thanks

Rick R.

--- End quote ---

smeighan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginAs I prepare to build additional Coroflakes, I have wondered about how effects would be applied to my target model.  Since a tree is basically a grid laid over a conical surface, would I just use the tree's (or ray's) target model as a starting point until I import the geometries that describe my coroflake pixels?

Even then, I think the effects mighy be missing...  the effects that I think would be well-suited to a circular arrangement of pixels are more along the line of spirals, moving concentric circles the emit from a center point, or moving 'spokes' that rotate around that center point.

...just planting seeds to see if any take root.

question:  are there similar effects already available for the matrix model?

--- End quote ---

Hi Steve;

As u know the nutcracker effects all are created two different ways
1: I model rgb device and use a math equation to findthe nearest pixel.
Spirals
2: develop a math function that returns a value based on x,y parameters
Butterfly
3: just base effect off of strand and pixel.
Meteors, snowstorm,animated gifs,garlands

I am trying to create more effects using methods 2  and 3 because they don't care about the physical dimensions.

So.  ...
Meteors, for example, just needs strands and pixels to work. No x,y,z locations are used. Build a target model that takes your device and maps it into nutcracker strands and pixels and the effects work.

Having said all that, I do plan on building effects specifically ozone web targets

A) if I get the budget, I want to build a coro from holiday coro. If I do get one of those, I will creeate a whole effect class that will optimize effects just for the star
B) I want to build rgb arches. If I do ( time and money) I will createanothereffect class just for arches. I am thinking of linking multiple arches together and sequencing them as on unit.
C) i want to build frames around my windows, if I do I will add another effect class for them.

Others I was thinking of adding to was a Marty fan, poles, snowfall tubes

Thanks

gsxrgirl7:
Wow, all those things would be great!

Danbe:
I like to see CANADA flag   Thank

jnealand:
A couple of effects that would be nice to see.

- a standard spin by color with or without a background or second color
- a random effect that would just make some percentage of the bulbs turn on and off randomly for a period of time  probably could include a percentage of bulbs lit at any given instant and maybe a background color.  Picture a green tree with random twinkling colors in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version