Hardware > Lynx Smart String

What is a Lynx Smart String?

<< < (2/86) > >>

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginRJ -

It's great to see you working on RGB projects and bringing everyone to Christmas Lights Version 3.0!

Are you starting to feel the next limit is being moved from hardware to software (sequencing)?

A few questions:

* Is the voltage just dropped at the SS controller or are the pixels actually a higher voltage?
* Did the wiring get dropped in gauge to support that many Pixel Nodes or is the voltage bump enough?
* Did you work with the mfg to fix the gap issue in the backs of the Pixel Nodes? 
* Are these 6803 or WS2801 pixels?
* What is the break point for power injection (I see 128 in the video)?
* Support for Pixel Modules and Pixel Strips?
* How do you set the start DMX address for each pixel?
* I'm guessing there is a custom plug-in for vixen to support this since it's not E1.31?  Will non-vixen clients be able to support these?

Thanks,
David

--- End quote ---

Yes that is and has been the limit. Current software is not ready for the task but is getting there quickly. There is a few things in the works that I am aware of that looks promising but has been kept under wraps by those working on them.  LSP has much promise. Prancer looks killer day by day and I have heard some great things from members on it.

No the pixels are higher voltage. Dropping it at the SS would not help.

The voltage drop was enought the wire is the same gauge but three instead of four so it helps them be a little lighter which I wanted for my Mega tree as the weight makes strings sag. So lighter sags less and pulls less on the string.

Three wires allowed them to seal it better.

They are neither 2801 or 6803 it is a chip set not used up to now for them they were purpose built for me.
They will be avaliable to all DLA members via coop to start and them later the factory will make them avaliable to anyone direct.  I have a reservation scheduled at the factory to allow fast turn around for our coop but delivery will not be this year.

There is no additional power injection the limit of a smart String is 1 - 128 nodes (lights) or 3 - 384 channels. Because it does not use a DMX universe as a break there is no penalty using less than 170 nodes of lights on a string.

They program via software utility like many of my other items.

There is a Vixen plugin for PixelNet avaliable right now and LSP is working on one for me as we speak. The protocol is simple and as so it will not be an issue. The Protocol will be published for anyone to use in the Wiki as I get documentation done.

RJ

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginAwesome! How soon till a Coop?

--- End quote ---

In a month or less.

RJ

tbone321:
Here is a quick question, will the upcomming Conductor be able to work with this?

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThree wires allowed them to seal it better.

--- End quote ---

It sure seems like you have done some leg work here.  I know that with the 2801/6803 pixels, which seem to look a bit like yours, have had issues with sealing and it looked like there was a gap in the base of the wire.  Are the boards encapsulated or sealed in some way before the clear jacket is installed?  Have they faired well in "in water" testing?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThere is no additional power injection the limit of a smart String is 1 - 128 nodes (lights) or 3 - 384 channels. Because it does not use a DMX universe as a break there is no penalty using less than 170 nodes of lights on a string.

--- End quote ---

So I could program one string of say 50 pixels and pickup another string of 100 on another port but logically they would be addressed as 1-150 in a single universe?  Is the order of where they are plugged in on the splitter make a difference?

Do you have an estimate for the per pixel pricing?  Under $1 per pixel?

Any plans to release other formats - Pixel Modules or Pixel Strip?

Thanks!
david

--- End quote ---

They will be well under a $1 a pixel.

Yes it does not care if you do a 50 string then a 100 string it would be 150 addresses in a row if you set it that way. The order of the plug in or which hub it connects to does not matter. Like DMX all data goes to all devices and the devices uses what it wants. Like DMX all data is sent everytime so those benfits also play into it.

Much more info will be avaliable in a week or so.

RJ

RJ:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginAwesome! How soon till a Coop?

--- End quote ---

In a month or less.

RJ

--- End quote ---

Do you know how long the window for the co-op will be open?  Is the co-op just for the splitter & controller with the pixels to come later?

--- End quote ---

The coop will be for all the Smart String Componets including the Pixel Strings. They will be options and you will choose how many of what you want.

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version