Author Topic: Who's planning a display for Halloween 2012?  (Read 6275 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: Who's planning a display for Halloween 2012?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I was talking to my son last night (he's 18), and he suggested the following song for a Halloween sequence.

I liked the song, so I'll be adding this to the sequence list (damn more work to do)  <fp.

Personally, I could sequence the shimmer out of this one:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Sooo many ideas...  Too bad I only do an ultra creepy static display for one night.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, »

I was talking to my son last night (he's 18), and he suggested the following song for a Halloween sequence.

I liked the song, so I'll be adding this to the sequence list (damn more work to do)  <fp.

Personally, I could sequence the shimmer out of this one:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Sooo many ideas...  Too bad I only do an ultra creepy static display for one night.

That would be HARD to sequence, like the song though  8)

Offline zwiller

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, »

That would be HARD to sequence, like the song though  8)

Not to me.   ;D

Tons of nice riffs, vocal lines, and stops to use in there.  Very TSO-like in many ways.  Not exactly the same but I imagine it would be much like this one of mine (Christmas): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, »
Everyone should do a Halloween setup even if it is only for one night as it tests a lot of things for you like your communications between PC / Donlge / controllers / wireless, etc.  It also lets me get my radio station up and running and tested.  This year (with smart strings) it also lets me put up a lot of my Christmas display but using Halloween colors.  This is my 5th year for doing animated lighting and every year a 1 or 2 night Halloween show has helped me debug things so I know that the Christmas show will go much better.  Consider Halloween your early warning system for things that could go wrong....at least some of the things.  For me there is always a lot more stuff out at Christmas.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, »
Everyone should do a Halloween setup even if it is only for one night as it tests a lot of things for you like your communications between PC / Donlge / controllers / wireless, etc.  It also lets me get my radio station up and running and tested.  This year (with smart strings) it also lets me put up a lot of my Christmas display but using Halloween colors.  This is my 5th year for doing animated lighting and every year a 1 or 2 night Halloween show has helped me debug things so I know that the Christmas show will go much better.  Consider Halloween your early warning system for things that could go wrong....at least some of the things.  For me there is always a lot more stuff out at Christmas.

100% agree. I started my build using the DLA stuff back in Jan this year and I've hit all sorts of issues. None of them were solder / build issues, that was the easy bit. The tricky bit was getting the addresses correct, programming the Smart Strings with the correct addresses, DMX universe addressing issues.
Getting LSP pro working with the Hubs etc etc.

Most turned out to be user error issues  <fp.

My test rig is in the garage, with the etherdongle, hubs and smart strings all connected together so I can test as I go along.

Even now, I'm getting ready for the release of LSP 2.5 which may or may not cause issues (with fall-backs in place if I do hit and issue)

I've got a DMX laser on order which I want to integrate into my lights, and that's another level of complexity, with DMX addressing and accessing the Laser's commands  <yk..

If I was just staring to put this all together now ready for Halloween, it would be an epic fail  <fp.

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, »
I'm planning one. Looking like:

4x Smart RGb Sparkleball
4x Double Rainbow Floods
4x Talking Pumpkin faces

Still have a crap load of work to do and time is slipping away!
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, »
I am doing the same display as I did last year adding a new sequence, "I am your boogie man". Anyone using S3 and the holiday coro  4 face set up wanna trade an orignal sequence ? I don't know if I have time to start on another sequence. 
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, »
heres a few pics of what ive been working on,
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline craig d

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, »
I love the pumpkin trees! Don't let my girl see those.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, »
the pumpkin trees are very nice!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, »
Love the pumpkin tree too, I'm assuming they are lit with lights?

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, »
Ya there will be rgb in them, heres my yard so far
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, »
Ya there will be rgb in them, heres my yard so far

What, you have stuff put up already????

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, »
I've got a DMX laser on order which I want to integrate into my lights, and that's another level of complexity.....

Gotta see a video of this!
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, »
I've got a DMX laser on order which I want to integrate into my lights, and that's another level of complexity.....

Gotta see a video of this!

Will start testing after I get it for my birthday in Mid-Sept, will post some video clips here once it's working :-)