Author Topic: conductive glue  (Read 620 times)

Offline shaunkad

conductive glue
« on: November 17, 2011, »
So I tore a solder pad off my Aether led. The pad goes to another layer on the led has tubes under the pad.    My questions are these has any one used this conductive glue and If so do you think it will work in this case.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: conductive glue
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, »
Normally in pcb repair you can solder a jumper wire to complete the path. Say the pad was connecting a resistor and a chip. Just run a wire from each and solder in place. Not pretty but it works

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, »
Rick
I am aware of this method of repair there are several issues with this. The part with the lifted pad is on the led module. I cannot followthe trace as I can only see one
layer.  I am not sure if there are components on the other side.  I have the tubes that go from one  side to the other and also where the pad used to be. I want to glue a  spade terminal to it and hope it works. I do not want to waste time trying it if it does not work the glue that is.     

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, »
I have had success using the defroster repair paint on computer chips to make repairs, even soldering parts to the paint. I would give it a try, its already broke. Just put on several layers and let it dry good before putting power to it.

Good luck
Have Fun!