Author Topic: My first year of blinky lights!  (Read 5264 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: My first year of blinky lights!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks for info, I appreciate the time you've taken in order to save me some.  My quick once-overs had given me the impression Vixen was the software of choice.  What bothered me is that the info introduction on the wiki pages was stating one needed to install a .net release that is circa WinXP.  I have seen posts from people that have successfully used it with Win7 64-bit so I would guess the wiki info had stale.  Tnx again, your additional videos were fun watching especially the Robot intro.  You do a good job linking the show to the audio source.

Nothing stale, Vixen was created with .net 2. Vixen can run under 98,XP, vista, 7

Cheers

Rick R.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, »
How did you attach the lights to the wire rope on the spiral mega tree?  So then you attached the first several feet and then raised it and attached it and then again until it was all the way up/done?  Can you give more info and provide some daytime pictures of your tree so we can see better how you built it?  I know you gave a very good description already but more please  <pop..

Thank you for sharing your video.

Ron

Here are some daytime pictures of my MT. Sorry for the delay in posting them. I had difficulty in posting the pictures and it took me several days to figure out the problem. Anyway, I hope the pictures will be of help.

Offline krgoodwin

• University Courses Web Site
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, »
Thanks for the effort in posting the pictures.  As somebody said a picture is worth 2Meg of pixels.