Author Topic: Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show  (Read 5344 times)

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show
« on: February 06, 2011, »
I wasn't watching the game (I'm one of those guys who finds more entertainment in the commercials), but stumbled upon the Half-time Show on TV.

As I was watching it, I couldn't help but to think about Christmas lights, Smart Strings, DMX, Blinky Flashy, and all the choreography that goes with it.  :)

How 'bout you guys?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tmtfield

Re: Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, »
Ya know Gary, I was thinking the same thing

I am watching the game, but thought that a mega display would have been more exciting that the half time show. ;D

Debating with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead

Tim

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, »
I was thinking the same thing!
I wonder if they were all using wireless DMX with some laptop battery packs?

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, »
I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm guessing they used some wireless DMX signal for all the peoples' suites and some kind of light power supply(like a laptop battery). Pretty cool show though.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, »
Okay...I'll jump in and was thinking the same thing.  I also recently was at a corporate event where they had lighting under the table that shown up through plexiglass on top of the table.  After the event, I had to sneak a peak under the table to see the lighting set up.  It looked almost like a commercial style "aether"...I was floored...and then excited, then I had to contain myself so my co-workers wouldn't think I had totally gone nuts to be so excited about a color changing floodlight!  LOL

Half Time was good show though....GO GREEN BAY!!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, »
If there had been a wardrobe malfunction in this show, i guess it would have been "electicution"?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tpctech

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, »
I was watching one the "light changes" and the wired people seemed to not change together some what random and a couple noticalbly late!  On one close ups of a person it looked like a small box with 4 push buttons on the front.  IMHO I think it was all manual.  Wireless certainly would be cool!!

KEN

Offline batdive

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, »
Ahh well I agree I was watching but who else saw the 2nd part of the V in LOVE out? and could you imagine being the programmer for that sequence and be like WTF?  HAHAHAH

It was interesting to say the least at a minimum, chrome head pieces et al.

-JS

Offline urthegman

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, »
I was kind of relieved to see that even the 'professionals' have a bad day occasionally, did anyone else notice the whole section of V in LOVE being out for the whole show? At least when I have problems they are mostly weather related.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, »
I was watching one the "light changes" and the wired people seemed to not change together some what random and a couple noticalbly late!  On one close ups of a person it looked like a small box with 4 push buttons on the front.  IMHO I think it was all manual.  Wireless certainly would be cool!!

KEN
I'm not sure, because at the end they all had different colors that appeared to be a pattern and sequenced, I'll have to watch it again on you tube.

Offline meman

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, »
Technically, it seemed to be the most awful halftime in recent memory. Nothing cutting edge lightwise like last years Who show... just some projection, led coro boxes on their heads and led bejeweled jumpsuits. Sound guys totally missed queues, lights failing, etc. I don't think there will be many crew members bragging about being a part of this years show on their resume. But in their defense, I guess there is not really much you can do for the talent chosen this year...most of the crew was were probably texting or watching MacGuyver reruns on their smartphones waiting for it all to end. The one highlight came when they lowered Usher down and he struggled to get free from the noose...I thought we were going to be entertained with a Spinal Tap moment.

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, »
Okay...I'll jump in and was thinking the same thing.  I also recently was at a corporate event where they had lighting under the table that shown up through plexiglass on top of the table.  After the event, I had to sneak a peak under the table to see the lighting set up.  It looked almost like a commercial style "aether"...I was floored...and then excited, then I had to contain myself so my co-workers wouldn't think I had totally gone nuts to be so excited about a color changing floodlight!  LOL

Half Time was good show though....GO GREEN BAY!!

Not quite Aether but your post reminded me of this...

Leon

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, »
I'm thinking there will be a LOT of used LED Strips coming on the market soon.

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, »
At the very end the dancers all start blinking.  You can see the guys on stage reach up to their belt and start pushing buttons.

I think i might be a coro box head for Halloween this year!  8)

Kyle   ;D ;D
Excess is Success

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, »
This might be the company that did the clothing.

2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login