Author Topic: SSC/DSC enclosure....  (Read 3183 times)

Offline pokey

Re: SSC/DSC enclosure....
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, »
Just had to pull two of my controllers out of the show - got water in 'em.  +1 for me.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, »
All my new stuff, I'm using TheBanker's idea, in drilling two holes in the bottom end cap, and none in the top. then i can wire tie it to something else to keep that end up. so far so good.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
SSC/DSC enclosure....
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, »
 I'm doing the same Chris. One big hole  for both cables on the bottom and a hook on top. Both cables come out the bottom. All dry so far.
Sebastian from California

Offline sebjsan

SSC/DSC enclosure....
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, »
See

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, »
i thought about that, but didn't even want to risk putting the hole in for the hook.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline sebjsan

SSC/DSC enclosure....
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, »
The hook doesn't go all the way thru. It also self seals it self.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, »
...bringing this thread back from the dead. The DSC enclosure...what size PVC are people  using? I just finished my first build tonight and the 1" pvc won't do the trick so I may be heading down to home depot tomorrow night with a controller in hand to test a few things manually.  Maybe 2"?
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
...bringing this thread back from the dead. The DSC enclosure...what size PVC are people  using? I just finished my first build tonight and the 1" pvc won't do the trick so I may be heading down to home depot tomorrow night with a controller in hand to test a few things manually.  Maybe 2"?

from the wiki

Pixelnet Dumb String Controller (DSC)   200 PSI PVC / Sch 20 1 1/4 pipe works

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline drlucas

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, »
OK - this is 2x for Ryan now on missing info....and I think I have an excuse - other than it was late (for me) when I posted my question last night. I was looking at the dumb string controller info where the assembly and firmware table is located on the wiki. I was seriously expecting all the info about the DSC to be in the one spot. Alas, this morning with fresh eyes (and a little hint on searching for "200") I see that info is in a table called SSC pipe size.

I think I need to spend some time really reading the wiki vs scanning it from time to time. I may also once I really get a handle on this put together a nice PDF on all things DSC. It will take some time to scan all the forums and pull things together, but think it may benefit people. The other really great source of info I've found from time to time is in the Academy slide decks. You guys (and gals) put so much effort and time into preparing and sharing information on this hobby that is so invaluable you can't imagine how much I appreciate it!

Anyways - thanks for pointing it out......i'll do my best to pay this forward..... 
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2013, »
Well to be honest you bring up a very good point. The wiki (especially the equipment page) is an evolving document that could benefit from a  slight redesign so the info is exactly the same though out. Instead of the way it has developed (some info under the hardware other info in a separate chart, etc). When I get a chance (i.e.: not a work) I will copy it to my personal wiki page and put all data together. Hopefully it shortens it and makes it easier to read. Of course I could make a complete mess out of it (reason why coping to my personal wiki).

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required