Author Topic: Any pyrotechs out there?  (Read 863 times)

Offline Kappa2006

Any pyrotechs out there?
« on: January 08, 2014, »
Hey everyone.....now that the show is down for the year, its time for me to start planning this years fourth of july fireworks show.  Its only a hobby at this point, but you never know what it might turn into.  I was curious if anyone else is into this hobby as well? 
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
Re: Any pyrotechs out there?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, »
This topic is not encouraged here for safety reasons. Just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Kappa2006

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, »
sorry about that.  feel free to delete then.
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline kiplorenzo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey everyone.....now that the show is down for the year, its time for me to start planning this years fourth of july fireworks show.  Its only a hobby at this point, but you never know what it might turn into.  I was curious if anyone else is into this hobby as well?

Howdy,
I do have a friend that has a pyrotechnics license. He did tell me that it took 3 yhears to go through everything to get the license (which our City/County Codes require.
There arre things you can do with Fire that do not require a pyro license. I would check with your local authorities on the ruling of licenses...
However, Here is something that can be added that doesn't require the license that Ray Wu has:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you search his store for "Fire" he has a few things.

Hope this helps.

Kip

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, »
Keep in mind that DMX shouldn't be used to control pyro (the DMX spec says so) since it has no error detection or checksum.  At best, you would need spotters with deadman switches.

/mike

Offline rm357

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, »
Yeah, a song comes to mind... Something about "burning down the house"...
You cannot leave something like that unattended.

We generally avoid the pyrotechnics discussions on this forum because of the obvious danger and liability issues.

Sent from my iPad using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA