Author Topic: Help! Need more silicone clips for flex strings  (Read 1280 times)

Offline zwiller

Shazbot!  Ran out...

Anybody have any extras? These come with the flex strips.  Need about 30.  Or know where to get domestically?  Thanks!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Help! Need more silicone clips for flex strings
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, »
You do such a good job of sequencing and I can't even find a beat track, I will trade you for a couple of sequences.  I'd have to modify them for my own layout, but having the beat track and place to start would really help me.  I have yet to be able to create a decent sequence from scratch.

There is a US based location that carries these, but I'll be darned if I can find it again.  They also have the sleeves and endcaps as I recall from the one time I visited that site.  I should have bookmarked it.

Jim Nealand

Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, »
Thanks for the kind words Jim. 

After looking at my work I realize I have been overzealous with my use of these clips.  My last window frame had them spaced about every 8".  I tend to overbuild...  I readjusted my work strategy and should be fine now.  I ended up using fewer clips and added a dab of silicone glue where I wanted and taped them down for a few hours.  It should hold up fine.   

Now that you mention it, I have been trying to figure out how to help out folks with sequencing.  As you know, sharing sequences is not all that simple.  But beat tracks are the key to a good sequence.  Beat tracks are easy for me.  Is there a particular song you have in mind?  What platform are you on?  I am on LSP now.  I already did TSO Wizards in Winter for another member. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, »
PM sent
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, »
i have a ton of these, tell me how many you want, and you'll only pay shipping...

EDIT :  ton = 1000 pieces
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline injury

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But beat tracks are the key to a good sequence.

So true if I do good with my beat track things go so much faster. I think the trouble some have goes down to not having a musical ear, rhythm, etc. Some seemed to have had it forever and some folks struggle with it.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, »
Thanks to Jim for the offer and Chris for stepping up and agreeing to send me some clips.   <res.

Incidently, the silicone adhesive which came with the strips did NOT adhere well to the oil base paint of my frames.

Anyone looking to mount these to frames etc. should really grab these clips as a mechanical fastener is your best option.  Read someone used zip ties as well.  Not sure if I ever would have confidence in any adhesive at this point. 

I will be starting new thread on beat tracks.  8)