Author Topic: New nodes - weatherproof or not??  (Read 941 times)

Offline sielbear

New nodes - weatherproof or not??
« on: November 19, 2012, »
I know last year the pixel nodes were very suspect as far as moisture goes. Towards the end of summer, ip68 or something like that was released. Looks like the new nodes I received this year.

From your experience, how weatherproof are the new nodes realistically. In looking at mine, they look well-built. Quality has increased dramatically. In fact, 100% of my strands seem to work AND contain exactly 128 nodes!

Any feedback is welcome. I'm assembling the new megatree now. 2,560 pixels in use.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, by sielbear »

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: New nodes - weatherproof or not??
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, »
I've had my nodes up since the beginning of Oct and no problems.  We've had several hard rains and not a single issue yet.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, »
Sounds promising. Last year I would lose between 3-8 with every rainstorm with the original nodes. Even had some catch fire. I think the original were ip66.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, »
That's good news!  I must say that overall, the quality of the nodes was MUCH improved this year. 

Offline sean815

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, »
i had ip68 nodes i got end of last year filled with water. I had the c7 bulbs on them and the bulbs were catching water.   Anyways this year i tested them and they all work great. So i think i gave them the ultimate water test.