Author Topic: Where to buy RGB lights  (Read 725 times)

Offline Pat

• I need more lights
Where to buy RGB lights
« on: January 30, 2013, »
After watching some video's on RGB lights i was wondering where the best place to get them is?  Also what is the price range i'd be looking at?   I have a side business of tablet importing from Shenzhen and I contacted my Supplier there to direct me to some LED light people.  Not knowing what the heck the RGB's were i just rejected.  (not to mention i asked some dumb questions i'm so embarrassed about now lol )  Anyway, not sure if this is the right spot for this question, if not sorry.  Also, when buying the RGBs what is/are some important key factors i should take into consideration - Thanks y'all
Winnipeg, Mb

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: Where to buy RGB lights
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, »
If using the smart string controllers you'll need to use the lights linked in the wiki.  The wiki also has some links for dumb strings also. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Pat

• I need more lights
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, »
AHHHHH, didn't see that stuff there.  Thank you very much.
Winnipeg, Mb

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, »
Yes, if you use RGB pixels, you must use ray Wu.  These products were tested to work with the DLA controllers.  The controllers have a limited selection of chip sets that they support, and also require 12v power.  But there are many choices in lighting types (flex/rigid strips, bulbs, plastic/metal modules, ...)

If you use RGB dumb strings, you have many more options with other vendors.  You just need to have strings with 12v+ for the common connection.

The community has a lot of great experience in successful dealings with ray Wu, so you can be comfortable in dealing with him.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro