Author Topic: permissions to add wiki pages  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
permissions to add wiki pages
« on: May 13, 2012, »
I was going to add a wiki page to show the wiring for 3-conductor waterproof conductors.

I've been using the older red-green-blue connectors, and in the latest batch I received brown-blue-yellow/green.

I wanted to show the relationship so that old and new devices would be compatible.

Smart PixelsOlder 3C ConnectorsNewer 3C Connectors
RedRedYellow/Green-stripe
GreenGreenBlue
BlueBlueBrown

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline pk

• Patron Member
Re: permissions to add wiki pages
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, »
That is a good idea.  I was looking for this information a while ago.  However, we need to be careful since the strings, flexstrips, rectangular modules, square modules, and rigid strips do not use the same color coding.

According to the Wiki, I see the smartstrings are wired differently with respect to wire colors than the others.

Smart String:  Red = +12  Green = GND   Blue = Data

The others:    Red = +12V  Blue = GND  Green = Data

Fortunately the +12V is the same. 

I recently made a wiring error on a flexstrip and swapped the Data and GND connections.  The first node turned BLUE when I connected the string to the controller.  Correcting the wiring fixed the problem.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, »
Sorry about not being able to create new pages in the wiki. I turned that off for one reason, Spammers  <md..

It turned into a full time job trying to keep up with them and a couple of times I lost and had to get RJ to reload the wiki from a backup.

I can add have added new pages for members when ever they asked for one. Its no problem.

What would you like the page to be called and I am guessing it will be linked at the equipment page,

which section? Library, Diagrams?

Rick R.

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, »
Sorry about not being able to create new pages in the wiki. I turned that off for one reason, Spammers  <md..

It turned into a full time job trying to keep up with them and a couple of times I lost and had to get RJ to reload the wiki from a backup.

I can add have added new pages for members when ever they asked for one. Its no problem.

What would you like the page to be called and I am guessing it will be linked at the equipment page,

which section? Library, Diagrams?

Rick R.
I created a section already under

It was called "Connector Wiring" and I named a page

that I was unable to create.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, »
ok

There is a new page for you to add to.

Any member logged into the wiki can edit most pages

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, »
Page content added.
I saved room for the other RGB string types. 

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, »
Just my opinion but I think it would be better for the picture to be displayed in the wiki instead of a link to imageshake

Rick R.

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, »
I agree, bit I didn't figure out external images, nor did I try to figure out loading pics into the site.  is there a primer on either?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, »
To upload a picutre or file to the wiki

In the wiki on the left hand side bottom section called Toolbox
In the Toolbox is a link to Upload file
Click on that and then click on Source filename (Choose File) file your computer

*Note* there is a config problem currently with the wiki so the picture width has to be 800 pixels or less otherwise you will get an error

10 cent tour is over  ;)

Rick R.

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, »
10 cents well spent. :)

updated with the picture, and also some links to the various products in Ray's store.