Author Topic: FM Transmitters  (Read 3551 times)

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
  • I blame Jack for getting me hooked....
Re: FM Transmitters
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Roger,  don't let the coop woes prevent you from purchasing an EDM transmitter. I just ordered one and it came to the house in about 5 days.

I went for the pricier option with case and power. The only soldering required is the power supply jack. Attach it to the PCB and you'll be  broadcasting in minutes.

Description:EDM-LCD-CS-EP, Item #:No insurance with standard shipping option!
Unit price:$134.00 USD
Qty:1
Amount:$134.00 USD

Subtotal: $134.00 USD
Shipping and handling: $15.00 USD
Total: $149.00 USD

Good Luck!
Mike E.

Thanks, Mike.  Maybe it just depended on the model in the coop?  I'd like to see pics, and hear about the results of the finished product when you have time.  I'm still on the fence with all this.  I want to do it once, and be done....

-Roger
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, by cpnbnanamn »
-Roger

I'm hoping to go NUTS this year!

Offline fasteddy

• WWW.AVERYEDDYXMAS.com
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, »
Roger,  don't let the coop woes prevent you from purchasing an EDM transmitter. I just ordered one and it came to the house in about 5 days.

I went for the pricier option with case and power. The only soldering required is the power supply jack. Attach it to the PCB and you'll be  broadcasting in minutes.

Good Luck!
Mike E.

Thanks, Mike.  Maybe it just depended on the model in the coop?  I'd like to see pics, and hear about the results of the finished product when you have time.  I'm still on the fence with all this.  I want to do it once, and be done....

-Roger

If you only want to do it once then the obvious choice is to go for the EDM, thats what i did last year and if anything if i wanted to change transmitters it would be to the EDM LCD transmitter as I have the EDM LED transmitter.
But i wont because im very happy with what I have and connected up to a home made J pole antenna i get well over 1/2 a mile and great quality sound.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2010, »

Good Luck!
Mike E.

-Roger

If you only want to do it once then the obvious choice is to go for the EDM, thats what i did last year and if anything if i wanted to change transmitters it would be to the EDM LCD transmitter as I have the EDM LED transmitter.
But i wont because im very happy with what I have and connected up to a home made J pole antenna i get well over 1/2 a mile and great quality sound.

Thanks to all for the info.  I think at this point, I've settled on one of the Ramsey kits.  I've read nothing but great things about em, and plus I'm having a BALL building kits!  I'll let you all know how it turns out!

-Roger
-Roger

Offline cpnbnanamn

• Patron Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, »
Decided on the Ramsey FM30B.  Looking forward to getting it and getting it built!  

Is it bad that I'm selling other toys I don't play with anymore to finance the blinky hobby?

-Roger
-Roger

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, »

Is it bad that I'm selling other toys I don't play with anymore to finance the blinky hobby?

-Roger

No.  I have sold a guitar amp, a mixing console, and some guitar effects to finance my SSR4s, a few LEs and all my wireless stuff  ;D.

Kyle
Excess is Success