Author Topic: fog machine  (Read 3618 times)

Offline grumpy2076

fog machine
« on: February 13, 2012, »
Got my new 1000 watt fog machine today, WOW put it to the test tonight and fogged the inside of my house out it was awsume lol. Had to open all the windows, cant wait to use thesse in my halloween display >.d9
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline zwiller

Re: fog machine
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, »
Congrats. If you haven't already check out the diy vortex fog chiller.  Perfect compliment to your new addition...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

sjb

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, »
May I ask how you are going to wire this into the sequencing?

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, »
Yes a fog chiller is a must for a great graveyard/swamp scene.  As far as control mine has a timer that I can set for time between spray and duration of spray but there are also DMX controllers out there for many foggers or you can make one using a relay (either 12v or 120v) and use with a MR16 or Express. 
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

sjb

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, »
That is what I am going to be trying this year. I will hook up a 120V relay to the manual fog output switch and have it controlled by a LE. Just wondering if anyone has done this.

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, »
Which fogger did ya get?
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, »
check out this video i found when i was doing reserch on the foger this is what im going to do in a few weeks

Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, »
To me, dmx control of a fogger is overkill unless you a have a totally pro unit and have a specific use for it, like cannon blasts, dragon mouth, etc...  For the typical graveyard fog, I use 2 cheap 700W with their own timers offset by one another.  One is off and reheating while the other is is fogging.  The goal being constant low lying fog.  In a graveyard scene, chilling the fog is more critical for a good effect. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, »
I build my fog chiller out of a ice chest.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, »
Made mine out of a 5 gallon bucket with lid.  Didn't really think it would work, but to my surprise it did!  It holds ice well and performs good enough for me I didn't upgrade.  No doubt that a larger insulated container would work even better.  From my research the larger the better, and the trash can dryer hose being the best and easiest DIY model, if you have the room.  I don't   :'(

I had a good laugh from my Christmas display this year.  My dryer vent is near the front of my house.  One night it was real cold and I went out to shoot some pics and realized when my dryer is going it creates a pseudo fog for my light show!

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, »
i built my chiller this way, im in the prosess of building the second one and i got 2 1000watt eliminators, they woork really nicely, i get 4500 cfm a minute of fog from each one >.d9

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, »
heres a few finished,

Offline i1uhrace

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, »
Those look awesome!
Carnation Christmas

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, »
here is the arch that i want to build mine is half way done but this is what it will look like

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, »
why do you chill the fog?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!