Author Topic: Vendors at the Academy and the Culture of DLA  (Read 3648 times)

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
Re: Vendors at the Academy and the Culture of DLA
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, »
It is always good to see what is going on in the entire spectrum of holiday lighting and decorating.  This includes seeing all the great toys and gadgets that the vendors bring and drooling over all it.  They are an important part of this community and there will always be a place for them, even in the lives of the DIY guys and gals.  I hope that you have even more vendors at the next one!  It gave me ideas, I bought some things from some of them to try out, and it is always good to see what is coming out soon.

Please do not get rid of this as part of the Academy.

As to the paid classes, if the training or class can charge with people paying the price, why not?  If people feel the value isn't there, the classes will end up going away due to no one paying for them.  However, the S3 experience seemed to be something that the LOR folks were scrambling to get into.  I believe the class sold out, so I am certain that all who paid felt they were going to get the value by paying and attending.
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline combustionmark

Re: Vendors at the Academy and the Culture of DLA
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, »
IMHO paid classes?  They all are paid. I took time off work, traveled to TX, rented hotel room, and paid for a ticket. Don't take me wrong, I plan on attending next year. The price for attending a class is not that big of a deal. I enjoyed my time there. The value of knowledge is often overlooked. We all must evaluate time, effort, cost, and value. I thought it to be of great value. I even learned from the vendors. I think they have just as much to offer as any of the classes. Just think, If it were just for the money, do you think they would take time to pay for a ticket, travel with product, sell at a reduced price, offer door prizes, answer question, and be one on one with customers. They are there to learn as well. While they may not be in or part of any classes, They are of great value, and should be a welcome part of future academy.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, by combustionmark »
Have Fun!