Hardware > Other Projects

Robo Light

<< < (2/10) > >>

grages:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMy thing -and I suspect that of many others- is not the $180 proper but the bang for the buck. By the time you add the servos et al you're looking ~$220.  For that much money I could add another ~50 channels of controllers which would make a bigger bang...

My thoughts.

--- End quote ---

I assume, which could be a mistake, that $180 is inclusive of the servo's.  The light engine is $80 so that leaves $100 for everything else. 

RJ:
I was makeing a rough estimate but $180 was with everything includeing the servos which are like $11 a piece.

RJ

Docjon:
Hi RJ,

I was just wondering if the design does go ahead, would it be possible to add something like a lens on the unit so that the beam could be focused?

Thanks
Brenton

grages:
I know at one point that RJ talked about a lens but I don't know if he was able to get an optimal one.  Additionally I would think a reflector would be a good idea, but the one time I saw robo I was distracted to much to look at those details.

Shawn

RJ:
the Light Engine has reflectors built into the seperate parts. I use a tube to get a smaller spread. I looked at lens etc. but never came up with anything good.
There is much room for improvment on that kind of stuff on it. But I am not much of a person with optics and such.

RJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version