Author Topic: 12 volt wireless  (Read 752 times)

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
12 volt wireless
« on: March 08, 2012, »
I have been working on a movable item for my christmas display for 2 years, and now I just need one more item to make it work the way I want it to. The element has 12 volt smd strips powered by rc batteries , and I need to be able to turn them on and off by wireless. I only want them on for aprox: 3 minute or so, then off. does anyone have any ideas I am stumped at this point.

Offline rrawlings

Re: 12 volt wireless
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, »
what is your level of tech ability?  I know of a couple of wireless options that could be used if you are tech savy enough to hack a little to get the job done.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, by rrawlings »

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, »
If its software not so much, but if its mechanical I,m ok for example, I tried to use a rc transmitter and spliced into the trigger control then use a speed control to turn on lights. I could not control voltage good enough.

Offline rrawlings

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, »
What I was going to suggest would require some electronic hardware skills, but there are many wireless transmitter / receiver packages on ebay.  Do a search for 433MHz and you will find a lot of different combos.  There are some evaluation kits from Linx available from Digikey, but they all start at about $100 but give you 8 channels of control. 

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, »
I have looked at some of those controls, one is shown. but the transmitter is only 3volts and I need to trigger it too. I really only need one channel. I will look at a couple of you recommendations