Hardware > Lynx Wireless DMX

Wireless Receiver - Lights blinking

(1/2) > >>

michaelc:
I have several RX/TX receivers and an EX/RX receiver.   They power up, Green data light is blinking and they are receiving the correct stream since a test light I have displays the right channels when I turn them on.  The issue is that if I turn up a channel all the way,  the test lights blink.  It seem like the DMX transmission is getting interruppted.  I have 1 TX/RX unit that is working flawlessly in Transmit mode.  2 TX/RX that are also working flawlessly.  The issue is another two TX/RX and and EX/RX.

Any ideas on what I can check?

tbone321:
We probably need a little more information.  What are the receivers connected to and how much of a load is on the controller that is blinking.

michaelc:
I tried two different configurations:
1) TX/RX connected through Cat 5 to a Ren4Flood controlling a 4 channel LED flood (12 V)
2) EX/RX connected directly to the sockets of a 485 (485 chip removed) as documented in the mod on line here.  (Same Ren4Flood)

Note when I connect the Ren4Flood directly to my DMX splitter (where my Transmitter is), it works fine.  Transmitter is also controlling other TX/RX boards outside (also working fine)

I tried re-orienting the receiver with relation to the transmitter.

Note: Transmitter is in on corner of a room and my workbench is in the other (~15' away line of sight)

tbone321:
This sounds like an issue with the Ren4Flood.  If this is a Renard unit, unless something has changed, the Renard implementation of DMX is not a true DMX implementation.  What devices are the functioning units connected to?

michaelc:
Functioning devices are connected to a Ren48lsd running DMX and an SS16 (renard also running in DMX mode). The Ren48LSD has been up and running led floods and superstrips on my house for almost 2 years.  I run them all year round.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version