Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

Etherdongle/network issues

(1/5) > >>

lizard050:
Knowing how busy most are getting set up.  Before posting I have spent many hours reading through others post.  Many have experienced the same issues as I am and I have attempted to try and repeat their success.  No luck however.  So now I am finally asking for help at the last minute.

I have 2 lynx dongles that work with the following set up.  Pixelnet dongle to active hub from the hub I have dmx out to express, 1 out to ssc v 4, and pixelnet out to a zues 16.  1 pixel string attached to the ssc and 1 to the zues 16.  Using this set up I am able to get the expected results from both pixel strings and the express via dmx.  Using xlights for testing.

I would rather use Etherdongle however.

I have 2 of those.  Both I am having issues with.  Both are from the Jan 2012 coop. 

#1. ETD  gets   "operation failed" upon trying to program with pickit 3 and vs 1 software.  I have been able to program my zues and ssc's with no issues.  I have re soldered a couple of times and looked at the pic with a flash light from behind but haven't been able to get it to program.

#2  ETD seemed to program fine.  I have plugged it in directly to both a laptop and desktop.  The network on both says unknown network.  Using the same setup as above I switch out the lynx dongle with my #2 ETD.  The green led on the board come on,  along with the green light on the Magic Jack.  The yellow light on the Magic jack blinks slowly.  I then am changing the set up in xlights to use e131 vs pixel net and attempt to test the lights.  The yellow light on the Magic Jack will start blinking very fast but I get no activity on the lights or the express. 

I feel I may have read to many posts and tried to many of the solutions found and am just missing something simple in the network set up or the ETD just isn't programed right.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

caretaker:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginKnowing how busy most are getting set up.  Before posting I have spent many hours reading through others post.  Many have experienced the same issues as I am and I have attempted to try and repeat their success.  No luck however.  So now I am finally asking for help at the last minute.

I have 2 lynx dongles that work with the following set up.  Pixelnet dongle to active hub from the hub I have dmx out to express, 1 out to ssc v 4, and pixelnet out to a zues 16.  1 pixel string attached to the ssc and 1 to the zues 16.  Using this set up I am able to get the expected results from both pixel strings and the express via dmx.  Using xlights for testing.

I would rather use Etherdongle however.

I have 2 of those.  Both I am having issues with.  Both are from the Jan 2012 coop. 

#1. ETD  gets   "operation failed" upon trying to program with pickit 3 and vs 1 software.  I have been able to program my zues and ssc's with no issues.  I have re soldered a couple of times and looked at the pic with a flash light from behind but haven't been able to get it to program.

#2  ETD seemed to program fine.  I have plugged it in directly to both a laptop and desktop.  The network on both says unknown network.  Using the same setup as above I switch out the lynx dongle with my #2 ETD.  The green led on the board come on,  along with the green light on the Magic Jack.  The yellow light on the Magic jack blinks slowly.  I then am changing the set up in xlights to use e131 vs pixel net and attempt to test the lights.  The yellow light on the Magic Jack will start blinking very fast but I get no activity on the lights or the express. 

I feel I may have read to many posts and tried to many of the solutions found and am just missing something simple in the network set up or the ETD just isn't programed right.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

For issue one, do you have the Ether dongle (wall transformer) plugged in when you try to program?  If not try plugging in the wall transformer and programing. There may be an issue with the Ether Dongle but you can try that first.

For issue 2, the Ether Dongle is multicast, it receives multiple addresses on but does not "assign a IP address.  IF you plug your computer directly into the Ether dongle you will need to assign a IP address to your comptuer such as 192.168.0.10 or 10.1.10.10  instead of having the computer "automatically obtain" the IP address.  Other wise if you have router in your house you can plug your computer into the router and plug the Etherdongle into the router and all should be well. Also make sure you have your configuration set up in xLight correctly.

lizard050:
ETD #1 I have tried programming with power.  Same results. 

ETD #2 I have also tried setting the IP address however I'm not sure if I did it correct.  I will try again.  Here are a few screen shots also.

lizard050:
network

lizard050:
applied the IP address I think.  Here are some more screen shots.  Still no lights.  The lights on the ETD seems to suggest something is being transmitted.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version