Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

Problems with EtherDongle

(1/5) > >>

jem5136:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up my EtherDongle but I'm not having much luck. I'm not sure where I've went wrong. I've looked through quite a few forums already and haven't found much that has helped.

First of all, I try to program the pic (this is where my first problem is). I'm using a PicKit 2 and PicKit 2 v2.61. I plug the PicKit into the dongle and I check the connection. When I do so, I get an error stating "PICkit 2 VPP voltage level error. Check target & retry operation." I have tried plugging the dongle in with its own power supply and tried without having any power to the board at all, I get the same message here.

My second problem comes when I try to use the EtherDongle. The Dongle has been in storage for a few years, this is why I wanted to try updating the pics, however I still try to use the dongle without programing the pics. Here is what I've done:
1- Plug my computer into my modem(works as wifi router as well, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.)
2- Plug my dongle into the modem
3- Power the dongle
4- Plug my hub into the dongle, power the hub
5- Plug my Smart Strings into the hub
I get nothing out of this set up, I've tried getting something through LOR, Vixen 2.1, xLights, and through the Smart String Setup utility. What am I doing wrong? Why can I not get the PicKit to program the pics?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jeffl:
Pickit3 is required to program the pic.  The manual is located here.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

jem5136:
I don't know how I missed that considering the number of times I looked through the wiki lol I'll get a PicKit 3 and try again. Also, do you think using my modem (from xFinity) will work or should I consider getting a network switch?

tbone321:
I would use a network switch.  You don't want to flood your home network with multicast packets.

jnealand:
You should add your location info so that it shows on your posts.  There might be someone close by that can help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version