Author Topic: *******Solved***LSP and XLights help - Can't get it working  (Read 6331 times)

Offline peteandvanessa

Re: LSP and XLights help - Can't get it working
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, »
Yes, they work just fine in the sequencer, I can use the H/W test in LSP and all channels light up correctly, the LED RGB channels work just fine, as do the two AC16 controllers. It's just when I export it to LOR format, then run the scripts to re-number and then convert to XLights format, that they stop working.
It's definitely an issue in the exported XML file, or the conversion of the exported XML file that causing the problem.

When I ran it again yesterday evening, and ran the final conversion to XLights format, XLlghts did report a number of un-mapped cahnnels (I think that's what it said when I ran it).

When I llok at the converted XML file, it looks similar to the one posted in this thread, but it's not exactly the same.

When I load up the final file into XLights, I can run a H/W test in XLights on all the RGB channels and the two AC16's channels, all channels respond correctly. But when I set it up in the scheduler and run the test in the scheduler, the only channels that are correct, are the first 120 nodes (360 channels), the rest of the 15 LED strips do not light at all when running the converted sequence in XLights.

Fortuately, FrankR (who wrote the Python script) lives just around the corner so I'm trying to get with him later this week to help debug this.

Any other thoughts on what I should be checking?

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, »
I'm pretty sure the problem is the channel numbering and the issue is this bit here in this thread:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

**********************************This bit here->******************************************
Well I tried on my own last night and got some of my lights to play with Xlights, but not all. I did get A LOT of errors while converting from LMS to xseq. all said unmapped channels.

Had that problem myself and Matt explained it as my channel assignment is out of range for DMX which is what my configuration file was setup.

It turned out my ID number assignment was wrong for my CCR's on universe #2 when you calculate the channels.
"Look at your circuit #’s on Aux A.
xLights Channel # = (unit number – 1) * 16 + circuit #
For example, “CCDa 0b p1 (R)”:  Aux A, Unit Id=0B (unit #11), Circuit=161. So (11 – 1) * 16 + 161 = 321. I believe you intend to have this be channel 161…
For CCR’s 2 & 3, the circuit # should be changed to 1 to 157. Alternatively, you can make everything on Aux A unit id 1.
That should do it. Good luck!
Matt"
But I don't know how to fix the XML file becuase I don't fully understand the statement above

For clarification I have 16 LED Flexstrips
15 Flexstrips are on the first hub, with various node lengths, any where from 45 nodes to 120 nodes
1 Flexstrip on the second hub, with a node length of 120

First Hub is set to 1-4096 (using the Pixelnet jumpers)
Second hub is set to 4097- 8192 (using the Pixelnet jumpers)

All channels are numbered sequentially in LSP, and they are set for PixelNet using E131 as the protocol, assigned to network 1

Then I have two (non DMX) AC16 controllers (they are D-LIght controllers), each 16 channels each and they appear as two 16 channel controllers
both using a USB dongle (not Lynx), on Comms 8, 56K baud, one is assigned Network 1, channel ID of 1, the second is assigned to Network 1, channel ID 2

Offline caretaker

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, »
peteandvanessa  post your exported file from LSP2 and if we can take a look at it we might be able to get a better picture of what's going on,  of course if your going to see Frank he should be able to get you going.
Jeff Squires

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, »
peteandvanessa  post your exported file from LSP2 and if we can take a look at it we might be able to get a better picture of what's going on,  of course if your going to see Frank he should be able to get you going.

I would post the XML file, but because I have nearly 5000 channels and a lot of effects on those channels, the XML files from LSP is 300MBytes. <fp.

I can probably cut and paste the first few channels in the file, to see if that helps trace the problem.

I'm sure glad that FrankR lives round the corner from me (he also works at the sameplace and company as me as well, so that helps alot)

Offline caretaker

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, »
Or just do a short test sequence using a few on and offs, what is really needed is to see the channel listings not so much content.  Yes it is really a good thing when you have someone close who can help out with our addictive hobby.  ;)
Jeff Squires

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
LSP and XLights help - Can't get it working
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, »
I recommend debugging your hardware/software setup with simple first, then move towards your final later.   
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, »
So I created a simple sequence with just the RGB Flexstrips.

There should be 4256 channels (which there are in the XML file)

Here's the example output from LSP:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<sequence saveFileVersion="3" author="Ghost Busters" createdAt="4/18/2012 4:44:59 PM" musicFilename="C:\Program Files (x86)\GraphXPros\LSP Sequencer\Wav\Ghost Busters.mp3">
   <channels>
      <channel name="Channel #1" color="255" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="1" savedIndex="0">
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="299" endCentisecond="761" intensity="100" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="761" endCentisecond="9203" intensity="0" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="9203" endCentisecond="21266" intensity="0" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="21266" endCentisecond="113379" intensity="0" />
      </channel>
      <channel name="Channel #2" color="255" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="4" savedIndex="1">
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="299" endCentisecond="761" intensity="100" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="761" endCentisecond="9203" intensity="0" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="9203" endCentisecond="21266" intensity="0" />
         <effect type="intensity" startCentisecond="21266" endCentisecond="113379" intensity="0" />
      </channel>
      <channel name="Channel #3" color="255" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="7" savedIndex="2">
      </channel>
      <channel name="Channel #4" color="255" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="10" savedIndex="3">
      </channel>
      <channel name="Channel #5" color="255" centiseconds="113379" deviceType="LOR" unit="1" circuit="13" savedIndex="4">

Now here's the output of the file after running it though the setnet, xml replace but before it's converted in Xlights:

<sequence author="Ghost Busters" createdAt="4/18/2012 4:44:59 PM" musicFilename="C:\Program Files (x86)\GraphXPros\LSP Sequencer\Wav\Ghost Busters.mp3" saveFileVersion="3">
  <channels>
    <channel centiseconds="113379" circuit="1" color="255" deviceType="LOR" name="Channel #1" savedIndex="0" unit="1">
      <effect endCentisecond="761" intensity="100" startCentisecond="299" type="intensity" />
      <effect endCentisecond="9203" intensity="0" startCentisecond="761" type="intensity" />
      <effect endCentisecond="21266" intensity="0" startCentisecond="9203" type="intensity" />
      <effect endCentisecond="113379" intensity="0" startCentisecond="21266" type="intensity" />
    </channel>
    <channel centiseconds="113379" circuit="4" color="255" deviceType="LOR" name="Channel #2" network="0" savedIndex="1" unit="1">
      <effect endCentisecond="761" intensity="100" startCentisecond="299" type="intensity" />
      <effect endCentisecond="9203" intensity="0" startCentisecond="761" type="intensity" />
      <effect endCentisecond="21266" intensity="0" startCentisecond="9203" type="intensity" />
      <effect endCentisecond="113379" intensity="0" startCentisecond="21266" type="intensity" />
    </channel>
    <channel centiseconds="113379" circuit="7" color="255" deviceType="LOR" name="Channel #3" network="0" savedIndex="2" unit="1">
    </channel>
    <channel centiseconds="113379" circuit="10" color="255" deviceType="LOR" name="Channel #4" network="0" savedIndex="3" unit="1">
    </channel>
    <channel centiseconds="113379" circuit="13" color="255" deviceType="LOR" name="Channel #5" network="0" savedIndex="4" unit="1">

Can any one spot what's going round during the conversion?

I'm out of ideas now.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, »
Out of curiosity have you tried just running the exported LOR file in xlights?  Reason I ask is your exported LOR file looks just like the files I used for X-lights last year and they ran fine, of course I was only using one network.
Jeff Squires

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, »
Out of curiosity have you tried just running the exported LOR file in xlights?  Reason I ask is your exported LOR file looks just like the files I used for X-lights last year and they ran fine, of course I was only using one network.

I sure did. The exported LOR file doesn't work correctly in Xlights either.
There is a strange list of channels at the end of each files that looks like this (this is the converted file):

<channel centiseconds="113379" circuit="360" color="16711680" deviceType="LOR" name="Channel #120" network="1" savedIndex="4256" unit="1">
      <effect endCentisecond="761" intensity="0" startCentisecond="299" type="intensity" />
    </channel>
  </channels>
  <tracks>
    <track totalCentiseconds="14106">
      <channels>
        <channel savedIndex="0" />
        <channel savedIndex="1" />
        <channel savedIndex="2" />
        <channel savedIndex="3" />
        <channel savedIndex="4" />
        <channel savedIndex="5" />
        <channel savedIndex="6" />
        <channel savedIndex="7" />
        <channel savedIndex="8" />
        <channel savedIndex="9" />
        <channel savedIndex="10" />
        <channel savedIndex="11" />
        <channel savedIndex="12" />
        <channel savedIndex="13" />
        <channel savedIndex="14" />
        <channel savedIndex="15" />
        <channel savedIndex="16" />
        <channel savedIndex="17" />
        <channel savedIndex="18" />
        <channel savedIndex="19" />
        <channel savedIndex="20" />

this carries on to <channel savedIndex="4256" />

not sure what that tells me.

I'm trying to understand why other folks can export, convert and then play in XLights, and mine just doesn't want to work.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, by peteandvanessa »

Offline caretaker

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, »
Hang in there,  you will get it going soon, I am sure it is just one little thing set wrong that is messing things up.  I know I had some problems as I had imported my LOR-1 files in Aurora which then got imported into LSP 1.8 then converted in LSP2  and when I exported them in LOR format to use X-Lights there was problems with missing parts of sequences which I had to correct. SO be patient it will work for you.
Jeff Squires

Offline peteandvanessa

So I sat down quietly and rans some basic tests from LSP, thought every item that could be causing the issue, then moved onto XLights.

Finally I looked at the tiny tab in XLights Networkset up called LOR Sequence Channel Mapping.

Mine was selected as Multi-Network, rather than Single Network  <md..

So I then selected Single Network, and save the settings.

Re-exported from LSP, ran through the conversion tools, then pulled it into XLights, converted, then pulled it into the scheduler.

Wammo-------------------Flash, Blink, Flash

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet, it's working now!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the help.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
This awesome to hear.  Glad you got it working!

Offline caretaker

Glad to hear you got it working!  I don't know how many time it ends up being something simple that was overlooked. More importantly you now have blinky.
Jeff Squires

Offline peteandvanessa

Glad to hear you got it working!  I don't know how many time it ends up being something simple that was overlooked. More importantly you now have blinky.

Yep, it turned out to be the simplest thing, but looking at how complex it's all got now. Trying to manage 16 Smart Strings, over two hubs and 5000 channels, throw DMX into the mix, and different connections and wireless to deal with. Phew, I sometimes wonder how it all works together.

I've now planning to comvert the two AC16's over to DMX later next week, built the converter cable today and have the DMX chips with the firmware coming early next week.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.