Author Topic: 1st Lynx Express Coop of 2011  (Read 65186 times)

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: 1st Lynx Express Coop of 2011
« Reply #270 on: January 24, 2011, »
What the hell I ll take the last 4.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, by bcstuff »
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2011, »
wait wait, last 4???

I would like 4, I just saw this!!!! <md..
Will

Offline Trevor

• Wilson Family Lights
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok,

Do to the number of users that did not pay or had a problem paying we have a first for DLA.

The price would need to go up on the kits requiring all the coop members to pay additional. I do not want that.
I have had dozens and dozens of people asking to get the unsold kits in pm
So this is what I am going to do to be as fair to everyone as I can.
 I am opening the thread up for new request. there are rules and here they are :

I only need 22 more kits to fill the order out So there is a limit of 22 kits avaliable. There is a limit of 4 per person to keep from one person taking them all and letting a larger number of people get them. Once we reach 22 I will allow a few more post as backups then cut it off, send out payment pm's, and you must have your paypal in within 24 hours completed correctly with all info as outlined in the payment pm. If not it will be offered to the next person in line.

This is limited to users not on the coop to allow the people with none to get some. If we do not fill by tonight with that, I will open it to members already on the coop to add more. 

This will not make everyone happy but there is no way to do it that everyone will be happy. So this is the way I am doing it. 

Post below and put how many up to 4 you want. You need to be able to paypal soon after I send the pm to you.

RJ

RJ,

Thanks for doing this for both the members of the coop and giving those not in the coop a chance to buy in.  I think this is a good solution to avoid having to send out requests for more members due to lack of payment.

What happens to members that do not pay?  Are they allowed to participate in future coops?

Thanks,

Leif

RJ will track them down VIA ip address and then beat the crap out o them with Cat5 wire. LOL  :P
Even as an adult I find it difficult to sleep on Christmas Eve.  Yuletide excitement is a potent caffeine, no matter your age.

Offline mmciver

• Love the blinky blinky! in 85086
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2011, »
RJ

Looks like they are all spoken for, but if not, put me down for 2 as a backup person!

If anybody falls out, I will purchase with a big smile on my face!

;D
650000 lights!
160 Channels - 2010 numbers
RGB elements
Combo Mega Tree
Never enough lights!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2011, »
All 22 units have had pm's sent out on them. If someone does not pay I will send a pm to the next in line.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2011, »
I have received payments on all 22 units so the coop is filled again. I will update the list later this evening with the new coop members.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2011, »
All parts are on order at this time. There are 2 parts on backorder with the longest being 5 weeks. Mouser will do what they can to shorten this but we will be waiting for some parts. The machine shop is already producing the heatsinks. Pcbs will be ordered later this evening and will be ~3 weeks

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2011, »
never really happened...

RJ > How will we know the express has become popular?
Bill> When we have to have the parts for the coops bought in on semi trucks.
RJ > yeah, that will never happen!

Well guess what, I was wrong!

I got a call Friday from a trucking company wanting to know how to get there semi in to us to drop a load and would monday be ok.

So I guess we have reached a point where mouser will not ship to us on ups but by frieght!   <fp.

400 lbs of parts on pallets and that does not include the triacs, optos, led displays, terminal blocks, or switches. Those are in other orders.

Hate to think what it would be like if we had not closed it and let it run for 2 more weeks as scheduled!  <yk..

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2011, »
Coop update :

Some of the parts arrived on the semi.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2011, »
Time for the weekly coop update!

We have all but the back ordered parts in. On one of the backorders they sent me a email telling me it would be 3/21 before they get them. I needed 1475 more of them. I hunted around and found a total of 917 of them from two different vendors. It cost me some but I got them while I could fearing they could push it back more. So we will have enough parts for about 3/4 of the kits once the other backorder parts come in. They are scheduled to receive them on 3/3.

Dad has sorted a pretty good amount of what he has already and is working hard on it (Too Hard).

So progress is well underway to getting it done. Be patient it is a very very large amount of parts to sort. and a lot of packages to ship.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #280 on: February 27, 2011, »
Weekly update on coop.

One of the backorder parts started dripping in this week, The last of that item should be here by the end of the coming week. We will still be waiting on the led displays which are still weeks out.

Dad has really cranked on everything the best he can to minimize the time once we get them.

I posted a picture. The boxes under the far table are filled with bags of sorted parts that make up one part of the kits the other boxes have sorted parts for other items.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: March 10, 2011, »
Backordered parts have arrived ahead of schedule and sort has resumed.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2011, »
Ok final coop update:

After an very long last two days of all day marathon packing(yes I know my pm's are backed for a couple of days) with three generations of Jordans helping, all shipments are packed and will ship out usps tommorrow.

Sorry the coop had to be shut down early but as you can see it was getting out of hand already. Rest assured that as soon as we get done helping with the Smart String coop sorting another Express coop will happen as we have more than enough demand to fill it already gauging from pm's and posts.

The thread will now be unlocked.

See picture of shipment below.

RJ

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2011, »
Wow R.J.!

And you guys do this to yourself just for the fun and satisfaction of others.....  <res.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

AL
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2011, »
Nice Work