Author Topic: Demonstration at school, enclosure for Lynx Express not in yet  (Read 1064 times)

Offline rimist

Tomorrow morning I will be doing a demonstration of my obsession (for some reason the school uses the word hobby)

I have my USB Dongle built, tested and in a box, and my Express is build and tested, with more testing to come, however, the CG-1500 I ordered won't be in before the demo. I figured as long as I can safely display it, it would just make it more real for the kids. Any suggestions on how to safely display a working express w/o an enclosure?

I'm thinking I might mount it to a piece of plywood with some standoffs, but open to other (better) ideas

-Rimist
- Rimist

Offline inzeos

Mount it an make sure you set things up in a way that people cannot touch it and that it won't slide off a table or something.

Then if you are doing a closer show and tell for the kids make sure the device is powered off for that portion of your show and tell.

Leif

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Walmart has a small tub (in with all the big and small plastic tubs for storage) with a lid that is basically clear (lid is not clear).  I used 4 small stand offs and drilled holes for the wires to go through.  I had a need for a friend to use a controller inside his house and I did not have a case for it.  The Walmart tub was about a buck.  Had it in the case in about 30 minutes.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
+1 what Trekster posted :)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member

I built this stand to assemble and test my LE's on.  The SS hub also fits on it. Would work for a temp demo.

Brian

Offline rimist

I love that stand and it's double duty Brian.

I also like not having to pull the saw out for trekster's, and that it has a lid. I'll probably combine them, using nylon screws with the plastic container. Can anyone tell me the actual size of the mounting hole so I don't have to grind the screws?

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
- Rimist

Offline combustionmark

I would also suggest using a GFI. You just can not be safe enough around kids, big or small.

Walmart has extension cords with built in GFI, as well as most home supply stores.

Have Fun
Have Fun!

Offline rimist

I bought the only size nylon screws that looked both long enough to work as a standoff and thin enough to go through the mounting holes, plus spacers and nuts, all nylon from Lowe's.
As far as breakers go, the demo is in the shop class, with dedicated circuits with GFI.

- Rimist

- Rimist

Offline rimist

The kids loved the demo. Thanks for the assistance!

- Rimist

- Rimist

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Glad to hear it all went well.