Author Topic: LOR sequences to LSP with LOR and Renard controllers  (Read 3614 times)

Offline kandk

I have 80 channels of LOR now and am adding 7 Renard 24ss boards for this year. My question is, with using LSP, what will I need to buy to run LOR and Renard boards together. Also, I want to import my LOR files to LSP. When I do this, how do I get LSP to know the difference between the two controllers? Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.  Kevin

LIGHTSHOW PRO CONTROLLING 4 LOR ctb16's  AND 8 RENARD 24ss's

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: LOR sequences to LSP with LOR and Renard controllers
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, »
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to DLA

While I am not currently using LSP, I have played with the demo and understand some of it.

LSP knows how to control LOR and Renard Controllers along with Lynx.  When you add a new controller to the program it will ask what type and you go from there. LSP can import your LOR sequences but as with any software it won't be 100% the same as you are used to. It will still work and can be used but from importing vixen seq into LSP I loss some channel data that I had to put back in.

If you want to keep your LOR seq 100% there is another program called xlights that will run it as a scheduler for show time.

My guess is Mike will see this post at some time and either correct me or tell you that this forum is not the official one and to go to LSP forum for quicker help. 

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, »
Hi Kevin,

Rick is correct. LSP will indeed run both type of controllers. You will need a second usb to RS485 converter in order to run Renard on a second network(com port).

After importing your LOR sequence, you can then drop a renard controller(s) from the controller library on to you r sequence and then  just start adding effects. When you sequence it makes no difference what protocol you are using, so you can have LOR, Renard, Lynx, Animated LIghting, Pixelnet, adn any other DMX controllers all in the same sequence.

Hope that helps

Mike
Thanks
Mike

Offline kandk

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, »
both posts do help me in understanding LSP. I'm just trying to get all of this under my belt as soon as possible. Which is better or more capable of doing what I need, LSP or X-Lights? Thanks to the both of you for the reply.

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, »
xlights is not for creating the sequence..      at this time is only plays the existing sequence.,

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline kandk

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, »
I'll use LOR to program any new sequences and I plan to use my existing sequences. I know LSP will import my sequences, will X-Lights do the same?

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, »
LSP  will both create and run your sequences........Xlights only runs them
Thanks
Mike