Author Topic: LSP 2.0 Scheduler  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
LSP 2.0 Scheduler
« on: November 03, 2011, »
Has anyone been testing their show using LSP 2.0 scheduler? 

I am planning on setting up a few controllers in the garage this weekend and let the show run a few days.  I will be running LOR on one network and PixelNet and Express via SSC using Etherdongle.  I may end up moving everything to DMX to avoid two networks, but like LOR hardware effects and don't want to deal with new cables.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
Re: LSP 2.0 Scheduler
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, »
MRCHRISTMAS at the LSP forum has used it quite a bit. You might want to contact him to see if he has had any issues. I have not run anything thru the scheduler yet. I dont think it will be necessary but I have saved all of last years show on the computer I used to run the scheduler last year so I have a backup if it is necessary.

There have been a number of reports that some users have had better luck running in the scheduler as opposed to the sequencer so that seems very positive as far as the scheduler is concerned
Thanks
Mike

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, »
I have had scheduler problems but it may be related to the machine it is on.  I can close it and restart it and it usually clears what ever was wrong.  Can't get it to have the issue consistently either so I haven't really bothered trying to figure it out.  Pretty minor inconvenience actually.  It will start popping up message boxes that say it had difficulties with opening the com port, but then open them fast enough that you can't do anything before it opens another three or four.  I just crtl alt del and end the process.  Always has done it just as the scheduler was opening as well.  Once it was going, it worked, but if you updated something in the show and restarted the scheduler it would have a chance of starting the com port message boxes.  Maybe the port was still open and hadn't updated yet in the system?

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, »
Hmm i never had that kind of problem. What os are you using. Im running xp professional with sp3. I ran our show all night halloween with it repeating the sequences i had. I also have video going supplied by another video card.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have had scheduler problems but it may be related to the machine it is on.  I can close it and restart it and it usually clears what ever was wrong.  Can't get it to have the issue consistently either so I haven't really bothered trying to figure it out.  Pretty minor inconvenience actually.  It will start popping up message boxes that say it had difficulties with opening the com port, but then open them fast enough that you can't do anything before it opens another three or four.  I just crtl alt del and end the process.  Always has done it just as the scheduler was opening as well.  Once it was going, it worked, but if you updated something in the show and restarted the scheduler it would have a chance of starting the com port message boxes.  Maybe the port was still open and hadn't updated yet in the system?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, »
The scheduler has had problems running oms files. And there are smartstring issues still being fixed. The slow output using high channel counts of smartstrings appears to be fixed in the latest betas I have been sent to try with my smartstrings.

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, »
Hmm i never had that kind of problem. What os are you using. Im running xp professional with sp3. I ran our show all night halloween with it repeating the sequences i had. I also have video going supplied by another video card.

This machine is a hexcore athlon phenom, 8 gig ram, and Win 7 64bit.  No overclocking or anything like that :)  Like I said though it was only about three or four times that I did it and just had to restart the process for it to work.  I had the scheduler running from earlier in October through Halloween night so it was not a common occurance by any means.

Along with what keith was saying... I have noticed that in the sequencer that sometimes you can optimize the section or entire sequence and it will not output anything.  Then you stop and force it to reoptimize and bang it will work.  I had to reoptimize the exported optimized files sometimes to get them to work as well.  Could that be related?

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, »
I dont i mean ive noticed in the sequencer after i save it it wont output anymore. I just close it and bring it back up. Theres just some funny issues with lsp. My laptop is runing xp and it seems to work for sequencing, i just havnt used it runing the schedular, so i couldnt say if its a win 7 problem or not.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, »
I'm playing with the scheduler now - gotta say, I have a MONSTROUS lag between songs.  I have two sequences I'm testing with, both are my smallest files, and I'm going on 5 minutes between EACH song.  I'm trying to let the system loop through twice to see if by some miracle the processing is faster on the second performance. 

Well, scratch that... the second sequence just bombed on me - error loading sequence.   <md..

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, »
I dont have any problems with the v 2.0 scheduler. The sequences play right after each other.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, »
I dont have any problems with the v 2.0 scheduler. The sequences play right after each other.
It is caused by the huge jump in channels. Last year I had 112 with no lag. This year over 3000 and a lag. But the second time through had less lag. Although my dancing snoopy started acting funky with 2 or more dance positions being on at the same time. Too cold to stay and watch to see if that was a fluke.