Author Topic: Looking for 16 Channel Controller  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Dr_Dirt

Looking for 16 Channel Controller
« on: November 04, 2014, »
Hi there I am looking for something that I can use for my first project.  >.d9

Thanks,
Bill

Offline tbone321

Re: Looking for 16 Channel Controller
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, »
You are going to need to supply a little more information than this.  DO you need a high or low voltage controller.  A node type controller, a standard dimmer, or switched on /off type.  What communication protocol do you plan on using?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Dr_Dirt

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, »
Sorry, this is all very new to me. I have been looking and reading for a long time but this is my first attempt.

I would like low voltage and plan to use DMX. I'm not particular in anything at all since this is my first time trying to do this. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know bc I am open to about anything.

Thanks,
Bill

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, »
Low voltage is 24V and lower.  Are you sure that is what you are looking for?  If you are attempting to do this for this year, it may already be to late for that.  You have less than a month before the decorating season gets going and there is a lot to learn and do.  I would suggest you open a thread on the porch with a title like "Getting started, looking for ideas".  There are many people here that can help you get started and give you some great ideas where and how to get started but this area is not the correct one for that.

Offline Dr_Dirt

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, »
I'll do that tbone321, thank you.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, »
I have a 16 channel lynx express kit and an enclosure to put it in. i'll take 90 for the kit and the enclosure, shipped(within the U.S. of course, if not you pay the difference).  It is not considered low voltage, it has 16 dimmable, 125v outlets. if you work hard this month you could put a small show together and at least get your feet wet.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, »
I'd start from the other end...  What are you trying to light up?  Do you already have the lights? What do you want the lights to do? 

From this, we can figure out what you need to do that.
/mike

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, »
This is not the proper area for this and he has started a new thread on the porch where you can both ask and answer his questions.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is not the proper area for this and he has started a new thread on the porch where you can both ask and answer his questions.

the title says" looking for 16 channel controller" I believe I was answering his request.
Florence, KY

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, »

the title says" looking for 16 channel controller" I believe I was answering his request.

Try reading the post above the post of mine that you are responding to.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, »
i did read your post, by putting the word "both" about asking questions and where to go, it implied that i was asking questions. i simply told the guy what i had to sell him. replying to his post about looking for a controller. i would have not responded if i was not included, i understand where to post.
Florence, KY

Offline tbone321

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, »
Both was in reference to asking questions about the display AND possibly offering suggestions and starting a dialog here after they were answered.  This had NOTHING to do with your post offering your Express as a solution to his request for a controller.  Since this type of argument or discussion also doesn't belong here, I will end my part in it.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, »
Both was in reference to asking questions about the display AND possibly offering suggestions and starting a dialog here after they were answered.  This had NOTHING to do with your post offering your Express as a solution to his request for a controller.  Since this type of argument or discussion also doesn't belong here, I will end my part in it.

discussion is all on my end, no real animosity here. guess that's the one thing about reading a post, it's all in how the reader interprets the words. 
Florence, KY

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, »
Sorry about that; I wasn't paying attention to which forum I was in when I responded.

/mike