Author Topic: Ray Wu - Shipping  (Read 2070 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Ray Wu - Shipping
« on: February 05, 2013, »
Does Ray every ship free or give discounts on shipping? Will he ship on a slow boat for less?

Offline SteveMaris

Re: Ray Wu - Shipping
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, »
No free that I know of. The shipping quotes on the site are always over the actual though.  Email him before ordering and get a quote.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, »
If you put together a list using his Component Descriptions and Quantities and email it to him, he will send back a PI for your approval. The shipping will ALWAYS be lower than posted for individual items. Don't order from his product pages; you won't get the best price. Ask for a quote.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, »
When Ray gives you a quote ... he often then gives you an invoice with all the items you requested (in your quote) in it ... including the shipping costs ... he then lists this "item" as having free shipping, but the shipping (which is almost always reduced from what the website would give you) is part of that quote ... so it becomes a bundled item just for you.

It seems that once you reach a certain level ... the shipping costs max out ... usually around 110-150 or so.  So obviously the bigger your order, the smaller the overall shipping cost % will become.

What I do with some of the local folks here ... is we order stuff together and that allows us to all share in the shipping costs ... and another excuse to visit each other.

Scott
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, »
That's a good idea.
Get one order going.
How do you handle the shipping to different locations?
How do you handle the money?
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, »
That's a good idea.
Get one order going.

Pretty sure he's talking about people in the same town/city (driving distance).  I do this with my dad, we let each other know what we are needing and do one order.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, »
That's a good idea.
Get one order going.
You probably don't want to ship it a second time and lose any savings, so it would be better to find people that live nearby to participate.

I'm about to do this for the Austin-area.  I plan to collect a pre-order to get the quote from Ray Wu... then collect the money before the actual order.

I have monthly get togethers at my home, and I'll make the received products available for pickup at that time.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, »
I will have to try that. Thanks
What you don't know. Can hurt you.