Author Topic: 5 years and running  (Read 2342 times)

Offline inzeos

Re: 5 years and running
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, »
Congrats Jack!

After relocking a few years ago to NY I myself also gained a lot of weight.  I left a community with healthier food and more options for being out and active not using a car.

Happy to report that I'm closing in on losing 40 lbs.  I estimate that I gained about 50 lbs the first few years we lived here.  Hope to be in your position soon and to be able to say I've lost 100 lbs!

I have had a lot of success with Weight Watchers.  Nice to be able to understand more about what you are eating and adjust than have to completely change your eating choices to pre-packaged or other diet crap.

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, »
I look at this place as not only a diy forum but as a big family of people with the same passion and if one of its members has an achievment to proclaim such as weight loss or the birth of a child then I feel we should announce them so..... Congrats and whats ur secret?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, »
Congrats Jack!!!! Great post! Keep up to great work EVERYONE!   <res. I ran long distance and track many moons ago in high school and am planning on running a 1\2 marathon in April. Not something I would have ever dreamed at age 50. So keep it up to those who have started and for those who have not LET'S GET GOING! Take it from me, if I can do it, you CAN do it!!! 

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, »
Good for you man.  8)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, »
Good for you man.  8)

Hey, even before I scrolled to the bottom of the replies, I was going to say the exact same thing... except I didn't think of adding the cool sunglass smiley.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, »
Thank you all very much. Its discipline, that's how I did it. No operation no weight losing pills,  just my own will to do it. That's why I am so proud.  I did it on my own.r
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, »
DIY in the true sense!  Congrats.  Trying to shed some fat myself.  Getting a workout once or twice a week for a few months and never felt better.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, »
You guys Rock!!  Like devoidelk said, it's good that we can all share our Good and Bad and feel there is support out there.  Ya'll keep us posted on your milestones!!
- Mark

Offline stormym

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, »
My goal by Christmas is to loose at least 40lbs....I figured with the amount of money I am going to spend on lights and equipment this year, I will have a lot less for food and that should force me to loose some extra pounds!
-Mike

2011 - First Show with 32 Channels

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, »
I figured with the amount of money I am going to spend on lights and equipment this year, I will have a lot less for food and that should force me to loose some extra pounds!
<la..
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rimist

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, »
Went to my primary care doctor and they told me that my BMI is so high that I don't need diabetes to qualify for lap-band surgery, and that I should have surgery before I end up with diabetes

-Rimist (via Tapatalk)
- Rimist