Author Topic: songs for 2013  (Read 5714 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: songs for 2013
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, »
The teenagers are all about "dub step".  Kinda kewl when they rehash old stuff.  Daughter suggested this to me: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  There are others I like better...  Go and search dub step christmas at youtube and you will find some ideas.  If I have time I will add one to my show. 

Kinda surprised no TSO on the list...  I find that all ages like that. 

I am putting the finishing touches to Spiraling's Do You Hear:You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You have a point there Jim!!

I did however just get back in from doing my first attempt at ripping off (well I did donate a small amount) a sequence of Rudolph with my singing tree. It wasn't too much effort getting HLS working for me....

Now back on topic....Looks like papayago(sp?) files are available now for that fox song...

It's also on line from a public drop box in LOR format:  :o

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, »

my wife loves TSO.  I think the dub step is a great idea. I like Boston pops too.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, »
The teenagers are all about "dub step".  Kinda kewl when they rehash old stuff.  Daughter suggested this to me: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  There are others I like better...  Go and search dub step christmas at youtube and you will find some ideas.  If I have time I will add one to my show. 

I am putting the finishing touches to Spiraling's Do You Hear:You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ok, I've listened to some dubstep tracks that I've liked, but this one sounded like I was having buffering problems with my mp3 player.   <yk..
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, »
 <la..

Offline zwiller

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, »
Note I said "daughter suggested"  ;D   I don't care that one either but I do like Deano.  It just doesn't gel to me. 

(grabs beer and logs into youtube)   :o

Try these:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (now that I have your attention)

You guys decide.  If I have the time, it's either:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Wife and daughter do not like but I do and will be a different kind of sequencing

OR

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Not true dub step but I dig the drumming and wife and daughter like but am afraid it will sequence too much like my other stuff. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, »
Rudolph and the zalien was good. Gotta love gene Autry. Some reason I never thought he dub stepped!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, »
I listened for the first few seconds thinking it sounds the same it always does. And then I thought someone tripped over the record player cord and pulled it out of the wall.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, »
My 11 year old girl just told me i'm doing the fox for Halloween to test things out....since I have a singing tree I guess I'll just not light up the outline channel....hope that works....videos will follow hopefully late this weekend (tonight I'm repairing some fuses in my hub).
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, »
no more u tube links that sent me off in to time wasting land for more the 30 min.......
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, »
My 11 year old girl just told me i'm doing the fox for Halloween to test things out....since I have a singing tree I guess I'll just not light up the outline channel....hope that works....videos will follow hopefully late this weekend (tonight I'm repairing some fuses in my hub).

I'm half way through sequencing the singers for the fox song (I have three singers each with 6 channels). Might get all the singing done by tomorrow night if I work hard at it  ;D

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, »
I guess that jinglestep is just another generations version of jingle bells.  Here is the crazy from version
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline drlucas

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, »
Just noticed the song only has the one part where the fox "talks" that appears to be sequenced...at least from what I could rip out of the sequence once converted in HLS. Hopefully (???) it will be a rainy weekend and I can get to task on some sequencing!!  Do share a video if you get it done! One can almost guarantee it will be better than the original posted on youtube :)

I'm half way through sequencing the singers for the fox song (I have three singers each with 6 channels). Might get all the singing done by tomorrow night if I work hard at it  ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, by drlucas »
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline zwiller

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, »
Inspired by this thread (or the beer!) I ended up deciding to sequence the Zaylien tune.  Beat track done, and a nice framework laid. 

I think my music experience helps me tolerate other genres a bit more than the average person.  Over the years I've learned to appreciate playing songs I despised because how much other people enjoyed them.  Point I guess is, music is art, and if you really want to try and touch the hearts of most people with your show, you will need to step a little outside of your comfort zone.  That said, that fox tune is an "acquired taste".  ;D

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, »
Just noticed the song only has the one part where the fox "talks" that appears to be sequenced...at least from what I could rip out of the sequence once converted in HLS. Hopefully (???) it will be a rainy weekend and I can get to task on some sequencing!!  Do share a video if you get it done! One can almost guarantee it will be better than the original posted on youtube :)

Yeah I downloaded it and imported into LSP and the sequencing was horrible. I'm half done with the main singer and backing singers. On my set up I have six channels per singer:

1. Top Eyes
2. Bottom Eyes
3. Top Mouth
4. Bottom Mouth
5. Ooh Mouth
6. Large bottom mouth

Once I'm done with the singers, I'll post the sequence to my public drop box for anyone who wants it  ;D