Author Topic: Chauvet 1800  (Read 4135 times)

Offline drlucas

Re: Chauvet 1800
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, »
Are you going to get an XLR male connector and solder the ends? the table you have looks about right to me.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, »
I have a chauvet 1300 myself. I rigged the remote by soldering wires onto both sides of the switch that would normally control the pump, and added a 12 volt coil/ 110 volt contact relay to turn the fogger on and off. For the control of the relay i use one of the outputs on a mr16 controllers.
  For 130 (eBay) it cant be beat. I know their are better foggers out their, but it works for what i need.

Offline arw01

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, »
How is the maintenance on the 1300 unit?  Do you clean it every night?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, »
There should be no need to clean it every night unless you are using some low grade or homemade juice.  It is a really good idea to run some cleaning fluid thru it before it is put into storage and when it comes back out for use.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tindivall

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, »
yeah.. something kinda like this but done on my own...

Offline drlucas

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, »
Bit the bullet and ordered it. I'm sure when the bill arrives next month the wife will thank everyone here!!

When the 1800 arrives this week I'm sure I'll take it for a test drive. I won't have an xlr cable in hand for a while but I'll set up the garage with a few rgbs - maybe my window frames and fire up fog to see how it looks.

-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tbone321

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, »
Did you order some fog juice with it.  Froggy's appears to get the best reviews and yes, the juice does make a big difference.  Don't forget to clean it after you are done testing and I would do some of that testing outside if that is where you intend to use it, especially when testing fluid types.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, »
I got the two liquids with it for initial testing. Both are Chauvet brand. I did look at froggy juice too and want to do a bit more research (and make sure the 1800 will accept other types of juice without clogging up).

Chauvet FCQ Fog Machine Cleaner Fluid [4172]

Chauvet FJU Fog Fluid - Gallon [2418]
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tbone321

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, »
It is a water based fogger so just about any quality water based solution will work just fine in it.  If you check the Chauvet fluid you will see that they also make the claim that it will also work in any water type fogger.  The real trick is to get the right fluid to create the effect that you are looking for.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, »
Yeah. I have seen dense fog juice and standard juice so I'll play around. Seen scents as well. Wonder if they work well or not. Didn't get the bottle but they were only $6 for a container to make apple or strawberry fog.

I'll see if the frogger guy exports to Canada.

Also will need to find a ray wu xlr part number. I'm on the fence with my light order right now (waiting to hear how much 400 square nodes with custom wire for coroflakes will run me).  At least this year I'll be ready for a good Halloween show (test run for Xmas setup).
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tbone321

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, »
I was on Froggy's site before and they have international shipping so I would suspect that Canada would be included.  I don't know if you would need to worry about the scent outside, especially for a Halloween display.  I don't think that they make a rotting corpse scent and even if they did, I really don't think that I would want to run that thru my machine.   >:D  As for the part number, just tell him you need a 3 pin female XLR plug and he should be able to find the part number for you.

Offline arw01

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2014, »
ugg, you guys are gonna break the budget..  I want one I need one..  gotta have it...

soo.. corro head stones anyone?

Offline tindivall

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2014, »
Ryan I don't know how soon you want/need your lights from Ray but in March will probably be doing a bulk purchase to Ray.... it doesn't save on cost of lights but does save on shipping.... and each person's order will be shipped individually to their address....

I did this for the first time this past August ... and while there was some issue with timing and getting here before Christmas... I would imagine March is a safe bet.... and it saved quite a bit on shipping for people!

Offline drlucas

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, »
Hmmmm...with strobes inside?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

soo.. corro head stones anyone?
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, »
I was on Froggy's site before and they have international shipping so I would suspect that Canada would be included.  I don't know if you would need to worry about the scent outside, especially for a Halloween display.  I don't think that they make a rotting corpse scent and even if they did, I really don't think that I would want to run that thru my machine.   >:D  As for the part number, just tell him you need a 3 pin female XLR plug and he should be able to find the part number for you.

...sorry for the link RJ - not promoting these guys, but just referencing the haunted smell !!

I dunno...maybe it is a rotting corpse scent?

I'll ping Ray for the plug costs and part number.....

Also, I reached out to the froggy guy for shipping on a couple of gallon jugs.  Maybe I'll start a side business and be a reseller up here in Canada.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, by drlucas »
-Ryan Lucas-