Author Topic: Chauvet 1800  (Read 4136 times)

Offline drlucas

Re: Chauvet 1800
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ryan I don't know how soon you want/need your lights from Ray but in March will probably be doing a bulk purchase to Ray.... it doesn't save on cost of lights but does save on shipping.... and each person's order will be shipped individually to their address....

I did this for the first time this past August ... and while there was some issue with timing and getting here before Christmas... I would imagine March is a safe bet.... and it saved quite a bit on shipping for people!

I'm going to probably get my flex strips now (along with the XLR plug) and then see how the rest of my home renos go and see if I have any further "disposable" income after that and come March timing will be needing some square or 12mm nodes and will jump in on the group buy.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline tbone321

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2014, »
[
...sorry for the link RJ - not promoting these guys, but just referencing the haunted smell !!

I dunno...maybe it is a rotting corpse scent?

When I saw this I had to laugh.  It seems that they will make a scent for just about anything.  While these would work well in a haunt, I'm not so sure if there is any need in a straight up display / show.  Even with that said, I am curious as to what these actually smell like.  I did find a distributer in the US that is selling that same pair for around 3 bucks and curiosity is getting the best of me.  I may just have to order it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, »
to get that rotten body smell just take your freezer put it in the yard and un plug it let fill with a little rain water then dump at the end of a dead end street. the aroma will fill the neighborhood and properly set the mood. I spent the better part of two hours looking for a body in the woods....after a mile walk through palmeto underbrush and bananna spider webs we found said freezer  :P
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline tbone321

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, »
LOL, I think if I did that, it would be my last Halloween show here because I would be moving, whether I want to or not.   :(

Offline kiplorenzo

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, »
Just an FYI for people using fog machines:

I found the Antari Ice unit (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) on ebay for 1/2 price. this model does have a chilling chamber that the fog goes through (you can put regular Ice as it has a drain chamber or Dry ice) and keeps the fog low to the ground longer.

It is also much cheaper to build your own dry ice fog machine, but dry ice goes quickly in hot water.  Parts (Pick your size Barrell- Doesn't have to be 50 gallons) Get a heating element from the farm store, and a small fan from Walgreens.) There are posts on the net.

thanks

Just my 2cents.

kip

Offline drlucas

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, »
Lol. I was looking on the haunt forums and saw a few of those DIY fog machines and was impressed. I definitely want on Halloween presto magic there is fog!

The 1800 I found locally after a bit of a search and once the XLR plug comes in I'll do some testing. Thinking make one song without fog. Then create a 30 "sequence" with just the one dmx channel firing and dumping out fog and then bring up the next sequence. The only question I'll have is what are the songs on either side of the fog and do I spend thirty seconds at the beginning of another song doing fog and rgb and other sequencing. Going to have to look at lots of youtube videos to get some ideas.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tbone321

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, »
If you let that machine run for 30 seconds dumping fog, nobody is going to see your display.   ;)  How you run it depends on what you want to use the fog for.  I tend to use it as a background so for me it is more time based a even my little fogger would punp out quit a bit in 30 seconds.  That monster would make my house dissapere in 30 seconds.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, »
I think the burn rate of the liquid125ml a minute. Thankfully there is just shy of 4000ml in a gallon. It's about 30minute of fog. I made a promise to myself to get my matrix built before I test out the fogger. Maybe it only needs 10seconds then if 30seconds will make the house disappear. Maybe it's time to break that promise. :)
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, »
Could you share more info on this with maybe some pictures? Looking to do this with the 1300 but I'm not so electronic savvy just a good tutorial follower. I found this but pictures don't exist anymore You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a chauvet 1300 myself. I rigged the remote by soldering wires onto both sides of the switch that would normally control the pump, and added a 12 volt coil/ 110 volt contact relay to turn the fogger on and off. For the control of the relay i use one of the outputs on a mr16 controllers.
  For 130 (eBay) it cant be beat. I know their are better foggers out their, but it works for what i need.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, »
You might check the following site.  Seems he's got a "how to" for what you're wanting to accomplish.  I have not done this, so just posting as an FYI

I have a chauvet 1300 myself. I rigged the remote by soldering wires onto both sides of the switch that would normally control the pump, and added a 12 volt coil/ 110 volt contact relay to turn the fogger on and off. For the control of the relay i use one of the outputs on a mr16 controllers.
  For 130 (eBay) it cant be beat. I know their are better foggers out their, but it works for what i need.
[/quote]

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, »
Thanks. Sadly the site is down. :-(

You might check the following site.  Seems he's got a "how to" for what you're wanting to accomplish.  I have not done this, so just posting as an FYI

[/quote]

Offline tbone321

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, »
It's not a really big deal.  You are basically just wiring a relay across the contacts of the fog button and using the DMX controller to control the relay. 

Offline caretaker

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, »
Couple of FOG tips from a seasoned haunter:

1> Wind is your enemy, if you have a windy day don't bother with the fogger, the fog will be down the street not at your house.
2> Even in cooler temperatures a chiller is a good investment, low lying fog creeping across your yard really sets the mood.
3> Use the best fog fluid you can, the Chauvet is fine (i used it in mine for 4 years) but Froggy's Freezin Outdoor Fog Juice.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  is much better I could really tell the difference.
4> There is 2 camps on Fog machine, one that says empty your machine every year and clean it out and the other that says just leave your fluid in the machine and you will be fine. I am in the second group with this caveat: Only leave your fluid in the fogger IF it is high quality fluid. The reality is that cleaning your machine before storing it for a year is a much better idea (if you use a good cleaner) it will remove the deposits left on the heater and keep the level of fog coming out of your fogger like the day you bought it.
5> Finally for what it's worth Fog Fluid is Water and Glycerin (sometime with a few other additives) the difference is the quality of the glycerin and the purity of the water.

Jeff Squires

Offline kiplorenzo

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, »
Also, Check with the Manufacturer of the fog machine... some will tell you that using other makers fluid could void the warranty.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, »
Also, Check with the Manufacturer of the fog machine... some will tell you that using other makers fluid could void the warranty.

I wouldn't worry all that much about that.  They need to state this to protect themselves from idiots that put complete crap in their machines and complain to the manufacturer when it stops working because of it.  As long as you use a quality fluid you will have no warranty issues if the machine fails because it will not be due to the fluid.