Author Topic: Display that sets up and tears down automatically  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: Display that sets up and tears down automatically
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree my wife bought me for a joke last year.
I put a string of 50ct multi leds on it and placed it smack dab in the middle of the front lawn.
The looks on peoples faces that are still driving by to see the show, is priceless.

I have one of these in my living room.  Every year when things get stressful I threaten that this is the only tree I'm going to put out.  Hasn't happened yet.

I might try this idea early next year however.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, »
I have not even started to take my display down yet. I have been doing some testing for next year-at least that is what I told my wife!  ;) Last night she said "if we don't get started people will start stealing things". 2 things about that statement. 1. she said "we" which means "me". And 2. I started thinking that if people start stealing stuff I can get new for next year AND I won't have to take it down and store it all year!  ::)

Offline tng5737

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, »
I like tearing down the display - a lot less stressful than putting it up - shorter too!    Putting up the display I always worry that I have forgotten some important detail (more than likely)!  Then I have to improvise or quick order something I am short of.   With take-down it is usually 'just get it inside - I'll organize it later for storage'!

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, »
I've got mine down, but it is pretty small.....Still have a couple of items out in the garage to do some testing with, and of course I've been down in my shop working/tweaking on my collapsible mini-trees. :)
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, »
......and the other half of the fun is putting the bins in the garage attic by yourself.
funny how that works...
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, »
I have both houses down (but not put away) and maybe 70% of the yard stuff down (but not put away) ... and still have 5 megatrees to go and too much snow to deal with taking them down.    I guess those stay for a while longer.  How come illegals don't do this work?  Oh yeah, cause we do it for less (free) ... lol
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline rimist

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, »
I have my Christmas display 80% down, and probably 60% put away. My valentines display is probably 50% out or so, hard to say since it's my first year animating, so not sure what I'll do yet.

When we had a static display, I put it up, and my wife took it down for the most part. Now that it is animated I get both the put up and the tear down... as well as being the only person to take boxes and containers in and out of the attic.

Just the other day she was telling me that it took me too long to get her stuff down and the lights on the tree, so I have to do that before I can decorate outside. I replied "NO WAY!", which she didn't take too kindly, <yk.. until I reminded her that I was going to put out the Christmas display immediately following Halloween, so she'd have her tree before Halloween. I compromised by telling her to give me the earliest date I can put out the tree, and I will halt all outside changes at that time until the tree is down and lit. Of course, I also got stuck with the tear down too, <fp. but I can live with that since I have to separate the lights by colors to make the other holidays easier.

-Rimist
- Rimist

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, »
You could always build it as an overlay to you house and rent a helicopter the move it into and out of position the big problem with that is where to store it. LOL
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos