Author Topic: Halloween  (Read 3966 times)

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
Re: Halloween
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, »
I use a couple of manufacturers:  IDEC (the one pictured), Automation Direct, and Mitsubishi.  The IDEC and Mistu were given to me and the AD I bought.  I like the AD for what I use it for as it is cheap and has some features that work for me.  I am by NO MEANS an expert with the ladder logic, I get it to do what I need and it is done for the rest of the year!

Communications is done via RS232 or Ethernet depending on the model and modules you purchase.  I download the program to it and it goes about it's merry way!

Take a look at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and take a gander.
- Mark

Offline thestig

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, »
A quick video of what I have accomplished so far. I have 3 Singing pumpkins but only two on video. The third is too big to bring into my den/workshop.

let me know what you think.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Grant

The two faces here are 6ftX6ft and the bigger one not in the video is 7x7.

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, »
I did one of those two years ago after I saw the video on YouTube of The Blackeyed Peas Boom Boom Pow.  if you have not seen it you need to look it up!  I have not done any others though.
- Mark

Offline thestig

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, »
Yeah, Kevins house is amazing and that is what inspired me. I know everyone has them and they have been around awhile. But they are still in my opinion the most entertaining thing in any Halloween display. I will be sequencing mostly Halloween music but will probably throw this song in with the boom boom pow.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, »
Zwiller - I like that, I will have to give it a try!  I used my heat gun last year and formed hearts for the wife out cpvc and that worked pretty good.  Now I just need RGBs!!

I started using cpvc as well until I read that when heated, cpvc gives off toxic stuff.  Be cool.  Switched to plain ole pvc after that. 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, »
Great Work the stig.
Sebastian from California

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, »
 nice job on the faces, how many channels are you using? <rtt..
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline thestig

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, »
nice job on the faces, how many channels are you usin og? <rtt..

I am using 7 channels per face. 5 for the mouth and two for the eyes. I went with kevins reccomendation on using 3/8 rope light instead of 1/2 inch. Its alot easier to bend.

Grant

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, »
What software are you using Grant?
- Mark

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, »
Yeah, Kevins house is amazing and that is what inspired me. I know everyone has them and they have been around awhile. But they are still in my opinion the most entertaining thing in any Halloween display. I will be sequencing mostly Halloween music but will probably throw this song in with the boom boom pow.

Just a random question, did you get this sequence from Christmaslightshow.com? Because I entered a competition to sequence their Monster Quartet, and I did it to the Halo 2 theme song, and that looks exactly like my sequence, so I was just wondering. And if you did get it from there, did they make you pay for it, and do you like the sequence?
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline Halstaff

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, »
OK, I'm home now so here's a picture of my fence and pillars for my graveyard - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline thestig

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, »
jem5136, yes i purchased the sequence from holidaycoro. They are selling them separate from the monster quartet and i need something to test my pumpkins. It turns out that the sequencing you did was spot on and I will be using it in my show this year. I will be doing a few tweaks here and there seeing as how I only have 3 faces instead of four. Do you have any more songs sequenced?

Grant

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, »
OK, I'm home now so here's a picture of my fence and pillars for my graveyard - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is an awesome fence. Where or how did you make the arrows?

jem5136, yes i purchased the sequence from holidaycoro. They are selling them separate from the monster quartet and i need something to test my pumpkins. It turns out that the sequencing you did was spot on and I will be using it in my show this year. I will be doing a few tweaks here and there seeing as how I only have 3 faces instead of four. Do you have any more songs sequenced?

Grant

Oh yeah, I guess it was Holiday Coro, not Christmas Light Show. Anyway, I have a couple more sequences I am working on this year, but they are not finished yet. I can let you know when I get them done and see if you want them. They all have 4 faces, but I'm sure you can do something with them.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline Halstaff

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, »
I cut all the toppers with my scroll saw.  Started out that I was just going to build a short fence but the project just kept growing.  Once I started, I had to keep cutting.  And cutting.  And cutting.

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, »
nice job on the faces, how many channels are you usin og? <rtt..

I am using 7 channels per face. 5 for the mouth and two for the eyes. I went with kevins reccomendation on using 3/8 rope light instead of 1/2 inch. Its alot easier to bend.
Grant

I'm not sure if any of you use Papagayo for your lip movements but if you do try this:

Link to lip-sync methods
Luceat lux vestra