Author Topic: What 1 PixelNet Show Display Item is a Must Have?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
If you could only have 1 Pixelnet Show Display Item in your show what would it be.

Thought this would be good for someone who has not quite switched over to pixelnet yet (Like Me) or someone new.

So share what it is that you could not do without.

Thanks
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Re: What 1 PixelNet Show Display Item is a Must Have?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, »
Reserved I will sum up the responses here.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, »
My pixel mega tree is the talk of the show.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, »
My pixel tree is much liked, but I made pvc window frames with nodes on them.  I can now put up my window frames in October, use them for Halloween and then leave them up and use them for the Christmas show.  Besides this, what used to be 3 strings and 3 extension cords is now just a single cat5 wire.  Easy Peasy on setup for multiple uses.  Could also say the same for my gutters/eaves.  What used to be 4 strings and 4 extension cords for each gutter section are now a single cat5 wire with one string of nodes.  So there are two answer paths to your question.  One is audience based, and the other is operator based.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, »
My pixel tree is much liked, but I made pvc window frames with nodes on them.  I can now put up my window frames in October, use them for Halloween and then leave them up and use them for the Christmas show.  Besides this, what used to be 3 strings and 3 extension cords is now just a single cat5 wire.  Easy Peasy on setup for multiple uses.  Could also say the same for my gutters/eaves.  What used to be 4 strings and 4 extension cords for each gutter section are now a single cat5 wire with one string of nodes.  So there are two answer paths to your question.  One is audience based, and the other is operator based.

+1 on the pvc frames on windows, gutters, and eves! takes me longer to move my ladder than it does to hang my window frames.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, »
Not sure if window frames, gutters, and eves qualifies as "1" display item... ;D  I do love my house outline too, but my northstar is the pixelnet piece d'resistance.  Not entirely sure why, but both my family and I are not megatree lovers.  That said, I haven't sequenced one yet... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline kernal

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, »
I bought all the stuff for a mega tree.  Then decided against it.  Did not run pixels this year cuz we couldn't make up our mind as to how to do it.  So, with a LOT of looking at other shows and "conversations" we are agreeing that leaping arches are the thing we will "have to do" with pixels next year... 
My license plate says blinky.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, »
I would say most of the pixelnet arch designs take like 10% of the work compared to incans.  Just thinking about incan arches makes my hands start to hurt...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, »
I vote for arches as well.  My reasoning is that they are probably the easiest thing to "start" a pixel adventure with.  They are very versatile, low cost and easy to make and also take ALOT of your incan/LED off your hands to use elsewhere.  Typically with two arches, you have the same amount of light bulbs as a 16 strand standard megatree.  So if you're replacing more than two arches, you gain power benefits.  It also is less frustrating when you have a smaller element have issues your first year using pixels rather than your "main show-stopper".  Now, once you have pixels under your belt, you can't but love a megatree that only has one strand per leg that is run by one/two Zeuses or some roof outlines, a mini-mega, some windows, the driveway, the bushes, etc.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, »
I am impressed with the performance of the DSC and my 100 count trees.  LOR set to  universe #2 DMX , e131 net work selected - Ether Dongle to Active hub to 10 DSC.  The nodes are bright and it keeps up with .05 second sequencing.
Video coming soon.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"