Author Topic: Repeater  (Read 2806 times)

Offline abell

Repeater
« on: December 31, 2009, »
Crazy question, could I use a Lynx express DMX out to plug into a transmitter to get a wider signal?  You think there might be a noticable latincy? I did my entire culd-de-sac and if a car parked directly in front of the furthest LE it would flicker due to a weak signal.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Re: Repeater
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, »
Yes, the DMX out can be plugged into a Transmitter.  What version of LE were you going to use?
And on the LE that you are using how is it receiving DMX?  Sorry for the questions, but there is a reason to the madness.

Bill

Offline abell

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, »
I would be a LE 4 I also would be sending the original signal wirelessly.

Adam

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, »
OK with a version 4 LE that should work out just fine then. 

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, »
Greetings,,,

You'd want to make sure both transmitters were on different universes, and the closest receivers were on the same universe  as the transmitters.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline abell

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, »
Wouldn't they just double up on each other in milliseconds mind you, lagging will exist but nothing visible right?

Offline cmorda

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, »
I'm pretty sure two transmitters on the same frequency is going to cause problems.

Can't really cite the technical details, but I would just use a different universe (freq) pair for the furthest away. It won't have any adverse effects. It will still look like one universe to Vixen.

Chris
Ventura, CA

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, »
Yes, if you set the transmitter to Universe 2 and the LE Receiver to universe 2 things should be OK
And Yes Vixen will not care

Bill

Offline abell

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, »
Does anyone have two transmitters to try this real fast?

Since the data is not two-way and the LEs merely listen and nothing more there shouldn't be complications. At most their will be a slight duplicate signal that I would think have a non-visible affect. I am stuck on one universe due to its power and purpose of being a repeater.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, »
To use the repeater as we have talked about a number of times before. You should run the main TX on uni1 then all the close controllers to it would have their RX on uni 1. Then when you get close to the end of your range you hook another TX on uni2 to the last controller that has it's RX on uni 1. Set the rx's on the far away controllers to uni 2 to pick up the stronger signal of the uni 2 TX . you just extended your range.

You do not need to change anything in the software for this to work. Uni 1 and uni 2 is just reference to the channel the TX and RX are on.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, »
I was gonna ask this exact sort of question. Now all I need to know is,... any expected changes to the TX? My TX this year was in side. I know someone had trouble (temp related) to having their TX ouside.
Leon

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was gonna ask this exact sort of question. Now all I need to know is,... any expected changes to the TX? My TX this year was in side. I know someone had trouble (temp related) to having their TX ouside.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying