Author Topic: Hybrid Mode  (Read 726 times)

Offline travailen

Hybrid Mode
« on: October 28, 2012, »
If I want to control 128 nodes per string, can I use the hybrid mode and set the node count to 131? Or do I have to set the node count to 128 and lose three nodes.
The utility explanation for the mode selection says that in the hybrid mode "the fourth channel is the first channel of the first node". From that explanation I think that the first three channels are "Control" channels and there are still 128 "Node" channels available allowing me to set the node count to 131. Or do I set the node Count to 128 but use addressing that assumes 131 channels per string?

Thanks,

Rick S

Offline keitha43

Re: Hybrid Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, »
You set the node count to 128. Let's assume you set your start channel to 1, then channels 1, 2, and 3 control the whole string. Channels 4, 5, and 6 control node 1 only. 7, 8, and 9 control node 2 and so on. But also remember any effects on channels 1, 2, or 3 will override any effects you might have on individual nodes. So you have to make sure they are off in the sections you are doing individual node effects.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline sielbear

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, »
In your lighting software you set your controller to 129 virtual channels or 387 real channels. Make sense? You could also separate the hybrid mode channels from the pixel channels and end up with 2 separate controllers.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I want to control 128 nodes per string, can I use the hybrid mode and set the node count to 131? Or do I have to set the node count to 128 and lose three nodes.
The utility explanation for the mode selection says that in the hybrid mode "the fourth channel is the first channel of the first node". From that explanation I think that the first three channels are "Control" channels and there are still 128 "Node" channels available allowing me to set the node count to 131. Or do I set the node Count to 128 but use addressing that assumes 131 channels per string?

Thanks,

Rick S

Don't confuse the node count for the strings with the channels used for the mode.  You set the number of nodes the controller will have connected to it in the utility so if you want it to control 128 nodes, then you set it to 128.  The mode determins how many channels are required in the sequencing software to control the string.  If you set it to string mode, it takes 3 channels to control the string, regardless of the number of nodes the controller wes set to control.  In pixel mode, it takes 3 times the number of nodes the controller was configured to control.  In hybrid mode, it takes 3 times the number of nodes the controller was configured to control + 3 for the hybrid channels.  In other words, hybrid mode does not reduce or increase the number of nodes the SSC can control.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving