Author Topic: Got all 30 mega balls done!!  (Read 961 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Got all 30 mega balls done!!
« on: November 05, 2011, »
Just had to say what a relief it is to finally have all 30 "mega balls" completed finally.

Each set of 15 are controlled by its own SSC.  I used 4 modules per 6" ball.  I had tried 2 and it was incomplete coverage and tried 6 and was not significantly better than 4 ... so 4 modules per ball, each set in a different direction.

One one set  of 15 I used square SS modules.  On the other set of 15, I used rectangular SS  modules.  I think the Rect. modules were the easiest to put into four packs.  I used zip ties and a dremel to make them into a single unit that hangs down off the cap inside the ball.

Anyways, was quite a spicing endeavor and each ball is connected with a Ray Wu waterproof quick connector.  I used custom caps from holidaycoro (1x sale) and 6" balls recc. by holidaycoro also.

These are truly amazing display items to watch in person. 

I will have 15 in my spiral megatree and another 15 in a sister (traditional) megatree.

These were originally my Dad's dream to do several years back, but I wanted to thank David at holidaycoro for providing the inspiration and help to make my Dad's dream a reality in 2011 !
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

Re: Got all 30 mega balls done!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, »
Your dad will be proud. Can't wait to see the video!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, »
Where are the pictures?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, »
Pictures are coming ... I just don't have any good ones yet.  ;D
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, »
Pictures!!!!
Will

Offline dmoore

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, »
Looking forward to seeing the video.  For those that can't wait, the MegaTree in the bottom left corner has 24 RGB MegaBalls in them: